TAT Amazing Dali shoulder tattoo (pics)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by july23rd1989, Feb 18, 2009.

1. july23rd1989

july23rd1989 Blood for Lube

So excited, just had my tattoo consultation. First appointment is April 3rd, should be 6 hours straight and were hoping to get at least the girls done. Very talented tattoo artist, Nadine's work can be seen on the front page of www.metamorphosisbodyart.com

Here's a picture of the painting. I am getting the tattoo of the skull/prostitutes. Will be on my arm, tip of elbow to top of shoulder.

[​IMG]

What do you people think? Someone tell me how to live through the next few months waiting for the tattoo :p. Will post photos as soon as it's complete, now you have to share in the anxiety with me :big grin:.

I do have a serious question though - What do you think about making the legs a little more sexier? Was thinking to keep it as close to original as possible, but I think the legs a little lacking.

I'm guessing that was his intent, so you stare at the upper part of the ladies, revealing the skull. If the legs were attractive as well, would you lose focus of the skull? I'm leaving out the rest of the photo (the soldier), so this might counter act that process - allowing me to have sexy legs as well. Thoughts on this?

I've decided to keep it the original design, tattoo artist talked me into it , and I'm glad. These are 1940's prostitutes, if I change anything about them might as well change everything and make them a modern version was her argument - I couldn't agree more.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I wouldn't change the painting, but to just do the skull by itself, I don't think you'd detract anything by throwing them in some heels.

Not an artist, just play one on the internet. :dunno:

3. DAD DICK

DAD DICK MAKE AMERICA GROPE AGAIN OT Supporter

I see what you're saying, however I don't think you should make them obviously sexy, just not knobby and misshapen like in the painting. Just so that part of it looks natural and doesn't detract from the whole thing going on there. That's a wicked piece, will look awesome!!

4. july23rd1989

july23rd1989 Blood for Lube

The tattoo artist was concerned about me having a "rectangle" on my arm, and suggested that at least on the lower half of the tattoo (legs and below) she break up the outline. She suggested playing on the shapes already in the picture and have the edge look like staggered cut outs of the bats in the light. Kind of hard to explain, hope you understand what I mean.

I was concerned myself about this, and I think I'm feeling her solution. Thoughts/opinions/suggestions on this?

5. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

are you going to get teh same color? will it have background?

the legs are purposly dark/same color as background to not distract from the skull..if you have no background legs will stand out a lot

6. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

wat?