A&P amateur photographer here. are my pictures any good?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Chromatic, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Chromatic

Chromatic New Member

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

They all look normal to me. Nothing that draws your eye or creates meaning. Composition is also not great, nor is the lighting. I'm not a very good photographer myself, so I can't really help you out on the details, sorry. I'm sure others in here will be able to chip in though. One thing you could ask yourself though, is what you were trying to capture when you took those pictures.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

they look like photos you'd take to decide where you want to put the outhouse.

your photos should have some kind of focus or theme. abstract photos normally won't have a focus but will have some kind of theme.

4. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

id start by learning two main things:

Subject: What you want to photgraph and why
    and
    Composition: What its gonna look like as photo ie. where things are. ( remember the rule of thirds)
    When these two are combined it can make ordinary scenes look great.
    Stick at it, practise and you'll pick it up in no time.

Look around the forum for some ideas

5. I hope you didn't go out and buy a thousand dollar camera if this is the kind of pictures you're planning to be taking?! :hs:

If you are going for the Point and Shoot (waste the extra couple pictures on this roll of film so I can get the roll developed look) then you're doing dam good!!! :eek3:

Look around on this forum and you'll see alof of interesting things. Yes we all understand that you're a beginner, but when I was a beginner I was taking better pictures than many others. Hell I still am a beginner when it comes to settings and what not but when it comes to setting up a shot I'm dam good if you ask me. You'll learn more just keep reading and hang out in the photography forum more. Don't let negative comments get to you or you'll never succeed! :bigthumb:

6. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

No. However, the only way to get better is to shoot, shoot, shoot.