Am i wrong or a bad person for not wanting to get involved???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Oct 30, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

There is this one chick my mom knows who is my age almost 24. She has a daughter who is like 3, and my mom introduced me to her. I thought she was a nice girl, nothing to knock socks off so i took her out on one date. I find out she has a kid and that hit me hard. Im still in school and meeting alot of people around and just dont want to settle down. When we went out all she really did was talk about the kid and i got a vibe that she was looking for somone serious and be committed and that is not the stage im at.

My mom and neighbor keep bugging the SHIT out of me. I finally called her just to make my mom shut the hell up, cause she kept saying call her call her. I kept saying i dont like the kid idea, and then she thinks im selfish and mean and everything for this.

What are your guys takes on this forever on going deal? I actuially setup a date with her tonight, but im going to cancel. The only reason i did it cause my mom wouldnt shut up but i dont give a damn anymore. Having kids of my own one day will be enough, i just figure if you get involved with someone the kid will be in the picture somehow and things will "revolve" around the kid.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Of course things will 'revolve' around the kid once your relationship is serious.
    If you are really against it, don't do it. There's no reason to lead this woman on.
    PLEASE if you do decide to date her, leave the kid out of it!
    If you're not ready for commitment, then don't take her out anymore.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

could i just be friends with her, but i dont know how to put it. Hey i dont want to date you cause you have a kid sounds kinda mean

4. armond

armond New Member

Be honest, best thing to do. Beating around the bush will just make it worse. Tell your mother your views, and how you feel. As a mother she should understand that you want what is best for yourself. And as a mother she should want what is best for you.

5. Wildwood*Flower

Wildwood*Flower New Member

I am a girl, and I feel the same way about guys with kids. I am in college and definitely not ready to have to deal with kids. I am not in a place where I could do that. It's nothing against the guy, but I am not ready for that kind of commitment.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Why not?
    What about, I'm not ready for the responsibilities that come with children. I'd really like to be friends with you though because you're a cool/interesting person/nice to talk to/etc.
    I think she'd rather know that and have you be honest with her.