SRS Am I wrong for feeling this way? v.friends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YOURFACE, Jun 23, 2008.

1. YOURFACE

YOURFACE New Member

About 3 weeks ago, a guy I used to date "Jeff" and I decided we wanted to go to Europe/Portugal for a week. We knew right away we would be spending an arm and leg to, but this was both something we really wanted to do. Since vacations are better when more people are around, we asked all our friends if they wanted to go. Everyone said no, so after 2 weeks, we went ahead and booked our tickets and hotel (a single twin bed).

Three days ago, I told my best friend "Melissa" that Jeff and I had booked our flight/hotel. She mentioned she was jealous, etc. We had originally invited her, but she declined because it would be too expensive. Today I get an email from her saying she wanted to go after all.

I feel really annoyed. If she goes,
    1. We have to share one twin bed while Jeff sleeps on the ground. The hotel is crappy and does not have any couches, but it is centrally located. If she had told me before, I would have booked a double bed. Now it is too late since I used expedia and it is already paid for.
    2. Since her flight is on a different day, we would have to meet her somewhere in Portugal. None of us will have working cell phones and there is no way of knowing if her plane lands on time. I don't plan on staying at the hotel much, just to sleep and shower.
    3. Melissa can be very judgemental and bitchy and constantly uses the restroom. I've gone on road trips with her and can't stand her for more than 3 days.
    4. Melissa will probably complain about money and not want to spend any while we are out and about.
    5. She will probably make fun of my crappy Portugese. Both her and Jeff are Brazilian, so they speak it fluently. I am Vietnamese so it is not my native language. I've made an effort to learn Portugese, but still am not fluent.
    6. I was hoping to rekindle the romance between Jeff and I, but with her along, it will be very hard to do so.

Should I go ahead and tell Melissa she is not welcome? And if so, how do I do it? Or am I just being petty and I should let her come along? She's been a friend for 9 years and I don't want to cut her out of my life.

2. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

I would tell her that you made new plans with Jeff and you promise in the future you and her will go someplace new and exciting. She can't just jump in after you and he bought the tickets and made plans.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. Umm, why does she get the bed? If the trip was planned with just you and Jeff she can sleep on the floor or wherever.
    2. Shouldn't have invited her in the first place.
    3. Should have told you she was welcome to come but would have to respond to your already set plans. In other words, she has to come find YOU guys when she lands.
    4. If she complains about money, then fuck her. You guys do what YOU want to do. If she says "I dont want to do that/go there, it's too expensive!" then say "alright, well we're gonna go and I guess we'll see you later!" Don't let her negative attitude and annoying personality ruin YOUR trip. You can put her in her place you know.Stand up for yourself. You dont have to change everything to accomodate her.
    5. Who cares?
    6. :rofl: The truth comes out. Should've never invited anyone else to begin with. But you did, so now you just have to deal with it :dunno:

She doesn't even sound like your friend the way you talk about her. If she hasn't purchased her tickets then you need to tell her ASAP that you are sorry but you'd really appreciate if you just took the trip with Jeff. It's "nothing personal," but you want alone time with him.

4. YOURFACE

YOURFACE New Member

This was originally planned as a friends trip. Jeff and Melissa go to grad school together and are very good friends. But since no one else wanted to go, I planned on it being a romance trip. So for the last 2 weeks I've been having dreams in my head, but now its turning back into a friends trip. :( I'm still going to have a good time regardless, but I'm just a little disappointed right now. I've already given her a mini-ititnery, so she already has an idea of how much we are planning to spend.

And Melissa and I are sharing the bed because Jeff is too much of a gentleman to let a woman sleep on the floor.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Does Jeff have any idea that you want this to be a romantic trip for the two of you? How does he feel about all this?

6. YOURFACE

YOURFACE New Member

I don't think he knows, although one of our friends mentioned he did not want to go because he did not want to be a third wheel. All I know is that I we both have been dying to go to Europe. No one thought we would actually do it, but now that we have the tickets, Melissa is saying she wants to go.

7. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

If I was in your shoes and all my friends declined to go along, and then someone changed their mind AFTER I booked, I would tell them sorry, maybe next time.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

All I will say is call her right now. Apologize profusely and say you'd really like to go alone with him. Explain why and like Ozner said, tell her if you'd like that you two can go on your own trip.

And if you do get to just go with Jeff alone....don't hope too much for you two to work out.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You call Melissa and say "I'm sorry, but our plans have already been made, and we can't really change them at this time."

10. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

you said it yourself the expedia and stuff is already booked, so explain to her that you already booked it, can't change plans, etc..

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I see so many threads in here...and i just don't get how people can't say
    "no" anymore.

Like I said, you already set up the plans, she can't just barge in and hop on the trip now.

This shouldn't even be a question. You made the plans, and you can't just change them on a whim.

Learn to say "no" people!