am i the only one that gets horrible pain in my elbow...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Limp_Brisket, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

when doing skull crushers or overhead tricep presses? oh man, it frickin kills. it hurts REALLY bad the first set and then the rest i can just feel that it kind of hurts; i'm sure it affects my performance though. any solutions? i'm pretty sure that my form is pretty good and consistant.

2. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

if they hurt, don't do them? take some time off from them and see if it helps. i got some elbow wraps for it and they help somewhat

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

You may have injured it? I say if it hurts that bad then just lay off them for a while. Don't make it worse. Any other excersises hurt?

4. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i've taken time off before and it got better but eventually it comes back from just doing the exercise when i start them back up again. plus when i stopped doing them my tricep progression seemed to slow greatly, nothing works the tricep like a skull crusher imo. i need this exercise!

5. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

It's most likely Tendonitus, stop doing leverage exercises that put so much pressure on your elbow/forearm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  6. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I think I know what you're talking about and I thought someone referred to it as Tennis Elbow. I get the same thing sometimes.

When I do skullcrushers I make sure I stretch really good first, and then I'll warm up with the 30lb or 40lb bar. Stretching and warming up with lightweight really helped me out.

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

don't do those exercises

8. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

well i wouldn't, but as i said before when i stopped doing skull crushers before my triceps stopped progressing or at least slowed immensly. i've decided that they are pretty essential to progress.

the pain doesn't feel like it's going to cause an injury or anything, it just.. hurts.

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

do more board presses

10. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I get that as well.......Mix it up and give it time off......Also remember close grip bench press works great for tricep development.....

11. CPop

CPop New Member

Skull crushers are not that great of an exercise, especially going very heavy. Don't equate soreness (in the muscle) with the value. Stop doing the extensions. You can get more volume from rope pushdowns, close grip bench for higher reps, DB work with elbows tucked and palms facing, there are a million other options. You don't "need" to do skull crushers.

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I get pain in my elbows though from pulling exercises such as pullups or curls.
    Even deads are affecting it to a certain degree.

13. HighwayReaper

HighwayReaper New Member

I started getting the same elbow pain after a set of 175 skull crushers with super strict form.. i think I over extended my tries/elbows and now they hurt/burn when i do skulls. I find if i do 3-4 sets of close grip before ( nnot to heavy... i dont go over 315 on close) i can do skulls with minimal discomfort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.