am I racist for saying this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CrazyFoool, Jan 17, 2007.

1. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

Will blacks ever get over slavery?
    How long will it take? the next generation of blacks? I'm chinese and I dont complain about how I need shit given to me bc my people were forced to build railroads so white people can make tons of money. If I complained about that, you know what would happen? Blacks would hate on me bc they know my people would be taking money they would have gotten. IE, thewhole hot97 tsunami clip. thats the mentality...minorities arne't equal, shit needs to be givento them bc they were slaves. Sorry, but if my chinkyass can make it through life and live a happy life in america w/o crying for neverending handouts, blacks should be able to get and hold careers . I might be respected as much as the next white guy but fuck, that doesn't mean I can't get a career in american. Ok, blame it on poor education in poor neighborhoods...then realized, asians were there at one point too. we were there after you and got the fuck out when we saw that we didn't like it. Soon, you guys will be passed by mexicans if not already in terms of regular people. I'm not looking to be the asian puff daddy and all blacks shouldn't either. America is willing to pay restitution but for how long? restitution doenst mean you can continue being lazy. so, when will blacks ever get over it? they were sold by blacks in africa...go ask them for restitution too.

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I've thought about this too. Many of them have moved on and promote this ideal; they all seem to be conservatives, and they are universally derided as traiters/Oreos/Uncle Toms by the "mainstream" black leadership and their followers.

I think most of the problem is that a number of people benefit from keeping this bad blood alive, both by reminding people of slavery and making claims along the lines that racism still exists in this country at an institutional level the way it did 40-50 years ago. Jesse Jackson is one of the obvious examples, but black and even white politicians use the "issue" to get elected, and the cries for reparations from certain groups of people gives the black public at large a financial incentive to remain angry until they are appeased. All of this works its magic through white guilt (which itself causes sorrowful hand-wringing in some and a backlash of resentment in others) and perpetuates the ugly circle from all directions.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I expect I'll be called a racist though, since it's racist to talk about black/white race relations unless you are black. You might not though, since you're Chinese, and minorities aren't supposed to be capable of racism. We'll have to see how this one plays out.

4. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

i find that minorities feel as though they have the right to be racist bc of the past. Its ridiculous. I can have an asian club at school but my friend can't have a caucasian club...wtf. Whites will go out of their way to be PC infront of minorities but it seems almost ok to say racist things to eachother as long as we're a minority.

5. milkshake80

milkshake80 New Member

yes...i feel that you are slightly racist. I think the problem with judgemental "america" is that they tend to categorize ALL african americans in that same category, which is not true. That is due to ignorancies brought on by american society...American society does not spotlight african americans in a good light unless they are A list celebrities like rappers...NBA players...or, the other light is shined on those who are drug dealers, inmates...killers..or a product of poverty...etc.
    the problem is that due to ignorance many dont see the african americans who are educated, working, owning businesses and are prominent leaders, they could care less about restitution or reparations and the like. I, for one, am an African american, college educated with a full-time job..no kids..and was brought up in predominately white schools/neighborhooods, parents made very decent money and spoiled the shit out of me. (Now that doesnt mean that I think I am better than any other "blacks")When i got older, and moved to the south it was during college that I met "blacks" who depend on government assistance and whatever, I thought it was weird, cause I have never been brought up that way and i would listen to them talk about restitution/reparations and they were all for it...who cares? I am not them, you arent either so how does that affect you? ......but i feel like you categorized ALL african americans by saying we want hand outs. I dont care about restitution..apologies and the like. And if you didnt know, there are many african americans who feel the same way. And if I hear one more person saying that "blacks are lazy"! It just shows more ignorance that you arent diversified. Yes, there are some blacks that are lazy as hell, but I have met latinos and white people who are too! What if I said that all Asians did this or that? or all whites do this and that? you cant categorize ALL of one ethnic group by what you "think" you've heard or seen on tv. People are people and thats just how it is. Its weird because when I hear people say things like that, especially regarding african americans, I want to almost take them on a field trip and show them how many african americans I know that are super wealthy, or are financially decent (without assistance) educated, and give back to communities they have never been a product of and function perfectly in society, worked hard to get where they are and are not lazy. (Oh and I use the term ignorance with a non-condescending tone). Too much tv is killing every race if you ask me. All people know is Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton, MLK...just proves more ignorance, most people cant name one white, asian or latino civil rights activist. I am not sure what tv show you were watching that gave you that impression that we are not "over" slavery...it may help, perhaps to stop listening to tv and go out and "meet" people who oppose what you say. Has any "black" said to you personally that you should give them something for slavery? Have they asked you to take care of them bc they were lazy? You may be surprised to know that there are whites, latinos, asians, and etc who agree that "blacks" as well as themselves should receive something for whatever. I think that everyone can become successful if they want to. If they want to complain and use slavery as an excuse and be lazy, that is their choice. It has nothing to do with me. But there are a lot of people who are tired of being down and get themselves out. I have worked with white people who were once homeless and strung out on drugs and depended on government assistance and got themselves out. I dont go around thinking all white people are like that. I know some cool ass white people, latino and asians too! The point is, you cannot categorize ALL of one race. People are people.

6. milkshake80

milkshake80 New Member

Just goes to show how "american society" really is and how the term "minority" is received by most.....:sad2:

7. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

I'm pretty sure that, generally, Asians haven't been nearly as discriminated/scoffed at as blacks. Asians aren't anywhere close to blacks as far as general image goes, so for you to say that being asian you understand the black experience is completely flawed logic. Throughout history, in almost every place other than Africa blacks have been labled as inferior, and today it's probably WORST in Asia of all places.

8. JSmythe

JSmythe New Member

Exactly.

9. AlextheDroog

AlextheDroog Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any ya

:rofl: feel better now??

1. If I remember correctly people (BLACK PEOPLE) were fired for the hot97 tsunami clip..so no one got away with anything.

2 there is a growing black middle class and not every black is asking for handouts although asians DID get reparation and exslaves did not..good for you.. sucks for blacks..

3 there are ITALIAN clubs and IRISH clubs and POLISH clubs so what are they and you complaining about exactly?

10. AlextheDroog

congradulations..now you know how it feels to be black in america:rofl:

11. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

I'm of Irish descent, and "deserve" these reperations right along with you. And no, like you, I have not been clamoring for my "fair share". My grandfather made a living for himself, taught my father to do it, and my father taught me. None of us expected someone else to come along and wipe the sweat from our brow because of wrongs done to our forefathers.

12. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

I support this thread.

I am Chinese. I grew up in the ghettos (SF, Visitation Valley), I am talking about the HOODS.

Blacks rob, kill, rape. Just look at the kids I went to school with, they are not even human.

We shared the same schools, some funding, same books, same computers and equipments. 80% of the asian kids are now professionals.

I myself is a CPA. Asian friends I grew up with are now doctors, engineers, computer programers. We live a better life.

The blacks? They moved to Oakland, and continue their act.

Chinese were once slaves too, don't forget. Blacks were kidnapped into the US, Chinese were "tricked" to the US. Mexicans are going through the same shit today, they are "allowed" to come here. We are all cheap labor for the white man.

Blacks are the only ones that can't move ahead. Why? Remember 200 years ago, they are still living among the jungles!! Thats why. You take a jungle man, put him in a civilized world, 200 years later their kids will still be animals.

Chinese and Mexcians, at least we were already civilized 5,000 years ago. Currencies, schools, medical, government, inventions.

Black will never learn. Fuck them.

13. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

LMAO. General image????

What? You think we "make up" an image for black people? He the general public decided to make up a "good image" for asians??

Watch the news buddy. We don't make up images, they make themselves.

14. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

Some of you don't understand the real issue here because you don't live among black people. Once you've experienced black people, you'll understand why people hate them. The "black image" is there for a reason, not because of their skin color, but their action.

15. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

BTW if you don't already know, Asians hates blacks.

People just don't talk about it in public. But within families, every asian family talks shit about blacks because we just hate them fuckers. Why? What is asian's beef with blacks? It has everything to do with our way of life.

Asians: Work hard, save, better future.
    Blacks: Lazy, crimes, no future.

We are 180 degrees completely different. This is why asians and blacks will not get along, unless blacks change.

Blacks are 12% of US population. But 60% of prison rate. Wow!!

16. JSmythe

JSmythe New Member

[email protected]+stereotypes 4win

17. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

You got that right.

When blacks do crime, they are victims of society.

When people complain, we are racist.

Sure, call me racist if you want, I've experienced black people first hand to know what I speak is the truth.

The city of San Francisco decided blacks are ruining the city. So they dropped section 8 housing program. All the lazy ass blacks moved to Oakland. Guess what? Crime rate in SF dropped, Oakland now within 10 most dangerous cities in the US, they just hired another 128 police officers because bullets are flying everywhere in Oakland. No one wants to live near these people.

Look what happened in Katrina??

Great they are killing each other, but many times little kids get shot just walking to school, thats not right.

18. Nolimitation

Nolimitation Guest

Why don't you take them on a field trip to Oakland then? Come back and post pics, if you make it back.

19. JSmythe

JSmythe New Member

That may be true. But it is still rascist, and I just can not rule out socio-economic status enough to attribute it to slightly different genes.

20. AlextheDroog

read How the Irish Became White...

21. AlextheDroog

translation: some black kids stole my lunch money... so fuck them all

22. GreenMoney

GreenMoney New Member

Translation:

12% of US population did dumb shit to fill up 60% of prison spots. So fuck them.

Watch the news much lately?

23. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Well I didn't read all of it. I will later, but just to make a point. Most Chinese people when looked upon are thought to be smart and relatively good people. Just by the stereotype itself. But when a black person is put in the spot light you aren't going to see the same things mentioned. I guess what I'm trying to say is that yea, I agree they should get over it but also I don't think you had to go through the same shit they had too.

24. AlextheDroog

and what does any of that have to do with a comment on blacks getting over slavery?

25. PuertoWreckin

PuertoWreckin I will cut you.

No you are not racist. I feel the same way actually. I grew up as a Latino is a "depressed area" as they are called where the community is like 60% Latino, 30 % black, and 10% white, but I am just fine. I learned how to take advantage of every opportunity given to me. I graduated college, got a great job, and cant complain one bit and Im only 22. I know some dudes who I grew up with, black or latino, who do absolutely nothing productive with their lives but are the first to talk about how they are oppressed and all that bullshit. They way I see it, ANYBODY could live comfortably in this country as long as you have the will and determination to do so.