SRS Am I overreacting?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ices, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ices

ices New Member

Background: I'm talking to a girl. We've known each other for 3-4 years, and I consider her a good friend. Lately, we've been becoming more than just friends.

Last night: I have a big exam the next morning. She calls me as I step out of the shower, and I tell her I'll call her back in about 20 minutes, before I sleep. I call her twice but she ignores the calls because she's on the phone. She calls back about 10 minutes later as I'm drifting off and tells me that she was talking to some guy from work. It kinda irks me and I tell her I'm going to sleep and goodnight.

Now, I'm usually a jealous/overprotective guy, it's just the way I am. That's why I'm sure her talking to another guy is small part of the reason why this bothers me. However, we're just in the "talking" phase and far from exclusive so I don't care about this aspect that much. I think the main reason I'm bothered is because I find it disrespectful that she ignores my calls twice when she knows I'll be calling her back soon. I wouldn't care if she was just some random girl, but she's a friend so I expect differently.

Am I overreacting?

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

not at all taht shit is fuckin annoying when people dont answer i mean i dont think she did it on purpose but still...............anyways back ON topic you have every right to be mad but it happens all the time apparently and i guess just forgive and forget

3. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

4. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I can see why you'd be annoyed but I don't think you should really be mad. If it bothered you that she ignored your calls for 10 mins when she knew you'd be calling, just tell her that you'd appreciate it if she either put the other guy on hold to let you know what was going on, or just didn't get on the phone if you're calling her back soon. Then if she does it again, don't answer when she calls you back.

5. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

:werd: Don't be mad, but let her know that what she did was kind of inconsiderate. Keep an eye out for those kinds of things cus that behavior is an annoying quality in any person; especially one you may be interested in.

6. Overreacting yes, cause to raise hell no. Just casually mention it to her next time you talk to her.

7. ices

ices New Member

Thanks for the responses. I definitely wasn't angry, just annoyed and not sure if I was being unreasonable. I'm over it now though, and I'm glad I didn't make a big deal over such a small thing.

8. BeHeadR

BeHeadR Only Slightly Insane

She didn't answer the calls because she is more interested in the guy she was talking to - he took priority over you.

Sorry.

9. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I think you are over reacting. There are too many variables here. He could have called and she thought the convo wouldnt last long, but it did. It would be rude of her to just end the call with the other person b/c the guy she is just in the talking phase of is calling back. And if your convo wasnt going to be long, since you had a test the next day, I dont see why you just didnt have a 5 minute convo after stepping out if the shower. If I were her, I'd be a little bothered that you didnt have a few seconds to say your peace right then and there. Obviously I wasnt there and I could be totally wrong, but from what I read in your post this is my opinion.