SRS am I one of those people who's supposed to be alone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black jesus, Oct 17, 2007.

1. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I haven't had anything more than a one-nighter in almost 7 years. However, I haven't had anything in over 2 years...I guess my game is just shit. Maybe I'm one of those people who are not supposed to be around others, or too weird.

I've desired to go on vacation for a while, but I don't want to go alone anymore. I went to Europe alone for 7 weeks a few years ago, and I'm tired of going to Mexico and Belize alone because its all couples, all the time.

I was 0-5 last weekend with women...so at least I'm trying.

I look around the gym though, and even men who are more attractive than me with more LBM and a lower body fat are with chicks I don't think are attractive. I pretty much give up.

I'm a dumbass, and this is all lip-service because I supposed to "get out there and do it!!!"

2. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm not all stupid in love and shit, hell I don't know that I really want a GF. However, I do want to go places with company for a change. I'm tired of doing everything alone. I bet I've gone weeks without speaking to people aside from work because at this point I have no friends.

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Are you involved in anything other than work and going to the gym?

4. hobbitnomore

hobbitnomore New Member

hey dude...chill out. have you tried online dating. you can put up a profile and say you are intrested in "friends and activity partners" or "dating". it seems like you write well...you can communicate and speak your mind....girls love that and it will work toward your advantage with online dating.

i am in the same boat as you, too bad i don't live in texas...hehehe. but i know what you mean, it feels like you will be alone forever. i started feeling this way since i turned 30. i don't know how old you are but i feel, the older you get, the harder it is to meet new people...and meet decent people with open minds. people get soooo set in their ways that they are often hard to befriend, which sucks. makes me wish i could turn back time sometimes. but do not give up hope....try the online dating....put yourself out there. go to concerts with friends....that's a great place to meet people. have some fatih!

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If it's an issue of being lonely do you not have any family or friends?

6. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I go to the track once per month in my miata, but don't really talk to anyone. I have a couple regular people I talk to from when I worked in Oklahoma for 9 months, but no one here.

Every day is exactly the same for me. Work, gym, cook dinner, talk to my roommate's dog, go to bed. On the weekends I don't really leave the house because I have nothing to do aside from possibly work on my car.

7. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I have a sister who I'm really close too. I hang out with her one day per week, but she doesn't count because she's my sister, she has to talk to me regardless of how obnoxious or annoying I am.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

You have a horrible attitude about yourself. I know you don't want the "get out there" comment, but what else do you expect? You need to make some friends. Maybe when you make some friends and build your confidence up some more you will seem more appealing to women.

9. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Have you ever gone with her and her friends? What does she do on the weekends. Next time you see her, tell her to call you up if she's going out that weekend.

If you don't hang out with other people, consider joining a club or team of some kind. Play a rec sport or take up a new hobby that would put you around people.

10. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I think internet dating will be a waste. Its probably full of people like me who apparently lack social skills, and are unatractive. Besides, there's 10x more men who constantly haggle women on there, and I'm not in the most attractive echelon, so my chances are probably worse there.

I'm an analyst and work in politics a bunch, so I have to write well and talk to people...and I do it pretty well considering I run a Federal grant program. However, something is wrong with me aparently when I encounter women. I went from not speaking to women at all in public to the antithesis of going out of my way to speak to people, even though it feels stupid because I really don't have anything to say to them because I don't know them, and considering my record with women and ideological flaws, its a circus of futility.

11. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Are there any OT meats in your area? You could meet people to hang out with on here. People do it all the time.

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

My sister is 37, and I'm 26. She also has a 5-year relationship, so I get in the way. They are totally cool with me, but I get tired of hanging out with my roommate and her fiance, or my sister and her bf, or their friends and gf's/bf's. Its a pattern I'm tired of, and I can't really stand younger people.

I wish I could afford to just go to the track every weekend. Life would be much easier that way.

13. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I've read a lot of your threads before and you seem like a great guy that just makes a lot of excuses. You've got a lot to offer, for both friendships and relationships, but people aren't going to come find you. You have to put yourself out there.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Women like men who have something going on. You have what appears to be a really bad attitude about yourself and life. It's not only about if you are successful and have a good job, look good, etc. But if you have no friends or zest for life women can sense that and it turns them off. You need to find something to live for that doesn't = a relationship. Maybe when you do that you will find one.

15. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I feel the same way, but I've made myself available to many women over the last month with zero positive results. Absulute motherfucking zero. I'm even talking to ugly chicks to practice and see if they give a fuck, and they don't.

16. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

What do you "live for?" There is nothing I'd rather do than take my miata to the track and best my personal records. If I told people on here that I wanted to enter a natural body building competition, I'd get flamed. I'm probably 6 months out from getting lean enough to at least make it on stage.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

What do I have to live for? Everything. Life is amazing if you make it what you want. Fuck what anybody else thinks about what you do, especially OT man, geez. If you have a goal then you fucking do what you can to succeed.

18. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

You're to pessimistic, bruh. You need to relax an open up to others. Everyones offering advice / trying to help and you're getting defensive. Noone is trying to attack you, we're simply trying to figure out what it is that you're doing to close everyone out've your life.

Do you dominate conversations? Are you intimidating? Are you able to even "break-the-ice" with girls? What's happening here.

19. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I got a woman to talk to me a few weeks ago at a bar. It was kinda slow, and I actually had an intelligent conversation with her, so she reluctantly gave me her #. I don't really know what to do in random convo's with sluts in bars. I am fairly domineering I suppose. I cheezed it up and was all corny about talking to chicks last weekend, and they all just turn around like I don't exist. They're so fucking rude about it to. I mean jesus fuck, I'm going up to you for a good, positive reason. Its a good thing they weren't fat bitches, because apparently I wasn't after them for their personalities.

20. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I completely agree. Everyone here is offering their advice to help you out, but all you seem do be doing is making excuses and putting yourself down. Gain some confidence and respect for yourself. You can't expect others to think you're an awesome person unless you believe it yourself first.

21. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I've already come out and said I look great, have a fair amount of cash, and cool hobies. I don't know what's wrong with me, absolutely no clue, but apparently something is wrong. I think I look average, have a decent job, I have a decent personality, I'm fairly intelligent...but women want something I don't have. However if I don't have what women want, then why do I want them around?

22. walkingongreen

walkingongreen New Member

hey guy don't be so down on yourself. It is unattractive. Have u ever thought about self fulfillment first and stopped focusing on the matter at hand. Just be true to you and i am sure the rest will follow. I found myself in a similar mindstate as you and it took some time for me to get over that hump. But now i spend time learning what makes just ME happy and not so much everyone else. YOU seem to be a very interesting person with lots to offer. Stop looking and let it come to u.

23. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

24. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well, take my advice, what you need to do is to goto organised events. For instance, you goto your travel agency you say, i want to backback in a group in europe. Well then immediatly they'll put you into a group of lets say 15 or 16 people, and then together you go from location A , to location B. Its a very interesting way to meet people.

You could do a simular thing for parties, disco or goto any other organised event, heck even political gatherings can help you meet people. Don't be afraid and don't be shy, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, give it another shot, up until the point you get enough dating experience with woman so that they want to date you. The most important thing is not to give up, afteral you've got nothing to lose in this persective, your not dating anyone, so the worst thing that could happen is that you be in the same place where you are now. Relax and give yourself a chance.

25. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

u kno i wonder this too