SRS am i needy, or what?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the_chizzle, Sep 12, 2006.

1. the_chizzle

the_chizzle New Member

i'm with a girl right now that i'm pretty happy with, but something about myself is really bothering me. I don't know why, but I start to feel bad after I haven't seen her for a few days, or if she's busy and can't call me. And no, it isn't that I'm in 'love' or something like that, if I even know what love is. It's weird, I know she cares about me, and she doesn't need to tell me so all the time, but I feel like.. like she should be spending more time with me? Something like that I guess. But its odd because the rational side of me knows that she works a lot, has school, like I do, and I also expect her to maintain her friendships, because I place a huge value in my friends and wouldn't trade them for anything. My ex, despite all her faults, was very affectionate towards me, and I guess I liked that more than I knew. But at 22, should I still be this clingy? It's not like I'd break up with her over this, I know once school really gets going, it might be tougher to see each other, and I wouldn't let that become a reason for a breakup.. but I can't explain to myself why I feel like shit if she doesn't call me all the time or see me more than once a week?
    I'm not making sense, I know, but I just needed to rant I guess.
    Thanks for any advice

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You need to show a woman that you have a life of your own to live,independant of her. In a relationship its all about being together but still letting eachother being able to do their own thing. You don't want to be a chain with ball around her legs. Its important tho that you two have enough time for eachother tho. If you never see eachother because of time constraints you might as wel consider yourself seperated. Make sure you make time for eachother.

3. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

You're needy and insecure. Not meaning to be harsh, but that's how I'd view it if you were my BF. Find some other friends or hobbies to get involved with when your GF is unavailable. Most people I know would like to enjoy the company of a significant other, but would also hope the SO could find other things to do on their own as well. Show that you appreciate her company but also have a life of your own aside from her.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Some people like lots of affection. Deal with it like a cat. You're not phased when ur not getting it but u warm up at light speed when you are.

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I don't think wanting to see her more than once a week makes you clingy. I'm not sure how often you want her to call you but I think at least a quick 5 minute phone call each day is reasonable if you've been together for more than a couple months. How long have you been together? Do you think she is worth waiting for?

I personally would get tired of seeing someone only once a week and unless it was only temporary then I probably wouldn't want to continue the relationship unless they were reeeeeeeeeaaallly worth it. I don't really see much of a point in having a relationship with someone that you hardly ever see or talk to.