SRS Am I just depressed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Headstrong, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Headstrong

Headstrong New Member

I'm not having mental breakdowns or anything but I find it really hard lately to get excited about anything and to focus on anything positive. I have so many things I could be doing in my life to further myself but I have no idea how to prioritize these things and it just ends up making me do nothing at all. I'm not sure if this is normal after a bunch of major events or not but I don't feel very motivated to do anything but watch TV. I feel like somebody just knocked the wind out of me and I’m just floating through life. What the heck is wrong with me?

2. somethingstrang

somethingstrang Active Member

I used to be like that. Until I started laughing. Brings you back up to the happy mood

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

maybe your just tired and you need a break from everything.
    i feel that way sometimes and my parents always tell me im just burnt out.
    take a short vacation and you'll be pumped up again :)

4. HardTech

HardTech hungry

Everybody deals with this. I try to make myself better in some way everyday. Today, I learned a few things at work. I also got stronger by going to the gym. So, I'm a better/stronger person today than I was yesterday. My goal is to continue this trend until I retire.

Obviously I can't do something every single day, but in aggregate I should be a better person overall than last week. The only way to get better is to keep on doing what you need to do. The key to doing that is to find joy in the journey

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's normal to feel aimless right after you complete big things like college or internships or whatever. It's just like stepping off a bus in a new place and looking around a bit instead of running off in some random direction. You gotta get your bearings first.

You're not depressed, you're sober. If you stay uninterested in anything for too long, then you might have a problem.

6. L1FT 24

L1FT 24 New Member

are you single? what type of neighborhood do you live in? What do you do for a living?