Am I just a worrier?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by knucks, Jun 11, 2008.

1. knucks

knucks Active Member

So yeah, I broke up with my girlfriend and am pursuing a new girl..

Before anyone says anything against this, I felt I had to ask her out as soon as possible before she got the idea I wasn't feeling her:

Saturday when we made out/hung out all night she seemed to be really into me. Turns out she wasn't drunk, maybe buzzed, which went away around 2am. We exchanged numbers. For instance, after a while, I left to catch up to my friends at a different bar. I was a little sad that we left so I had texted her, saying "i want to come back". She ended up showing up about 10mins later at the bar I was with and right away came up to me and we both were really excited to get reunited that night. She did not spend any time w/ any one else that night. It was just me and her.

When I woke up in the morning she had texted me that I should definitely call her. Later that night she called me from a party she was at w/ her friends to chat with me.
    So far I'm thinking she's really into me, which is great.:x:
    So I felt that she was coming on so strong, and if I were to somewhat blow her off, she may get the wrong idea, so I called her up on Monday and told her I'd like to take her out. She told me she'd have to check her work schedule and would get back to me. So Monday to Tuesday I was worried and wondering if she'd call or not. Thankfully she did.

We're going out on Friday to a nice downtown area back home (Royal Oak) and to a comedy club.

I'm pretty bad about keeping my hands from my phone so I was just thinking about her and texted her this morning w/ a "Hey beautiful." Received a reply "What's going on stud?"

Lil cutesy shit like that..

So anyways, I have no reason to worry about anything, just need to last til Friday and hope that it goes well...What's the best way to keep my mind occupied, and should I keep conversation between us rare until then?

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

Yail Where are you?

3. knucks

knucks Active Member

I realized that I just typed all that out because expressing my emotions makes it easier for me to cope.

carry on..

4. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

okay, the hey beautiful wasn't horrible because she took it ok, but stop with the texts.

5. knucks

knucks Active Member

Word. Sometimes (actually all the time) wish I had more self-control.

6. fray

fray New Member

You are a fellow Michigander? I'm not too far from Royal Oak myself... comedy castle?

I would cool it with too much communication between now and then. Don't go overboard or you're going to seem clingy/desperate.

7. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

I don't see what's there to worry about.

8. knucks

knucks Active Member

Yeah, Comedy Castle. Ever been there? How's the atmosphere?

I'm in Ann Arbor, but my parents live in West Bloomfield..so Royal Oak isn't too far out.

And she seemed somewhat clingly from the initial impression I got from her..which I would say I'm okay with.

I still don't know where she lives to pick her up, so I guess I'll avoid the communication til tomorrow night to find out where she lives.

9. knucks

knucks Active Member

I guess I just take the pessimistic view on everything so it's best to be negative about something so that I am not disappointed when something falls through...and am really excited when something exceeds my expectations

10. fray

fray New Member

I'm Brighton area. :wavey:

I was there once, it was okay. Kinda big. I think I might've been a little fucked up when we went, because I'm not remembering it real well. They serve food during the show and they had a ton of comedians. After about the fourth guy came on, I remember thinking I was about all comedied out... It was fun though. I would go back.

Haha...doesn't matter if she seemed clingy. She could be the clinigiest girl in the world, but if you're clingy it might still turn her off. I would just wait and talk to her/text tomorrow or early friday to reconfirm and find out where she lives.

11. knucks

knucks Active Member

I got a table somewhere upfront. You know, right up there so the comedians pick on you.

ANd right, I'm not saying that if she's clingy, it's okay for me to be, just adding some more info.

12. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

I remember reading something from Anti-Dump's posts that if you found a girl that's into you, everything just seem so easy.

13. knucks

knucks Active Member

Well see that's the problem right there. My ex of ~2yrs was really into me, so things were okay, but since that was my first real relationship I didn't know what to do.
    And my last "fling" lasted about 4 weeks, and the girl was really into me as well, but then decided to make out with a guy right in front of me so I got pissed. Her reply was "I wasn't ready for a real relationship." :/ So after this, I am uneasy.

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you should get some hobbies to take your mind off of this girl 24/7...

id recommend going to the gym.

ah i kill myself sometimes :bowrofl:

15. knucks

knucks Active Member

:rofl: thx bro

16. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

its basically all been said. dont text her too much, dont call too much, its a turn off. otherwise, doesnt sound like there is anything to worry about

17. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Dude your fine... small chatter via texts works good. i have a few girls that i am kinda seeing and they love to text me and its a good way to advance things physically if you play it right. IMHO

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't text too much. Bleh.

And I'm just curious...after that last, long relationship trainwreck-why do you seem so eager to jump into another one?

In other words, why are you stressing so much? You just met this girl and lets face it, the start of your love story is "this is the girl I drunkenly cheated on my ex with." Why not calm down and actually get to know her before you panic and over analyze everything? Casual dating could be good for you considering your lack of commitment issues are high.

19. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Picking up and moving on is just fine... she may end up a rebound girl or she may not but either way your still apeasing your mind.... and your __________

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

He can still appease* his mind an dick by casually dating and fucking her. Having that mindset could help him calm down an not stress so much. Find some other chicks in the process.

21. knucks

knucks Active Member

That's my problem overall. I seem to get attached too easily. I'm trying my best to keep it chill, I guess I never have so I don't know how.

22. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Thanks for the spelling fix... never have been good at that. :)

Your right he is better off thinking rebound and FWB rather than LTR...

23. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Wow some chase she had getting you...

IMO you gave it to her too easy and from what you've typed it sounds like you're too available.

You have the date on Friday, now I'd just back off from her and do shit for you until you see her next.

24. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Women will never understand the nervous feeling most guys go thru when trying to attract a woman he finds attractive. The casual take your time thing that women can handle is too nerve racking for most guys.

25. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Go play Halo or something when you want to call her during the day.... jerk off be distracted some how and you will learn to make it casual. Try not to think about it and it will come. i ignored a girl and now she wants to date... go figure...