SRS Am I in the wrong here? v. best friend is pissed at me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Corz, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

Some quick backstory: My best friend starts dating this girl that I was interested in before they started dating. I did the nice thing and backed away so he could have someone. About 9 months ago they have a nasty break up, I told Mike (my friend) that even though im sorry they broke up, I dont really want to be involved because I knew both of them before they were together.

Fast forward to the past couple of weeks. My friend Mike is now in the air force stationed on the other side of the country. His ex friend requested me on myspace, this is where it gets odd. Mike finds out and flips out on me about it. Why would I associate myself with a person like that and a whole slew of other crap he threw in my face. Apparently he doesnt understand the whole myspace thing so I let it slide. Over the weekend Erin (Mikes ex) was in town and invited me out to the bar for halloween, unfortunately I was with another buddy of Mikes and he squealed. I didnt go, which caused yet another shit storm.

In one of his emails he sent me, he said something along the lines of not caring what I do with Erin as long as I dont "bang her"; his words, not mine. I respected that and I didnt want to sleep with her anyway, she's cute but I want someone else.

I got tired of this child like treatment so I asked her out for some drinks before she left town, since I consider her a friend. She left a "thanks" comment on myspace and within minutes of that I got an email from mike calling me a liar, yanked me from his myspace, blocked my emails, aim, wont answer his phone. . . . basically blocking all ways of communication

basically what I'm asking is, what did I do wrong?

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Your friend is a child. Consider yourself lucky.

3. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

he's butthurt

he'll get over it...

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

It's simple. Your friend isn't over the girl yet. He's acting possessive and jealous.

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

He feels that you put your superficial relationship with her above your friendship with him. I can only think that he feels violated that a close friend might be intimate with his ex-girlfriend. You basically said that you were indifferent towards her, but your contact with her broke your trust of friendship with him.

6. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

#1. It's fucking MySpace, who the hell cares. I take adding MySpace friends about as seriously as what color underwear I'm going to wear to work that day.

#2. I've always had a theory that exes of friends are off limits if the ex is the one who did the dumping. However, all bets are off if the friend is the one who did the dumping. So if your friend Mike broke it off with this girl, then he really shouldn't be getting a cockroach up his ass about you doing whatever the hell you want with her.

I guess it all boils down to how much you value your friendship with Mike. How long is he going to be in the air force for? Because we all know that military people never really have roots. But bottom line is, "blood" is thicker than blondes. In this case, the blood being your best friend..... :)

7. MichaelJackson

MichaelJackson New Member

While he is acting like a little bitch, it seems like you're kinda pushing it. You're probably coming off as conniving to him and I'd understand why. If you have your eyes set on someone else like you claim, then step back and proceed with your own agendas.

8. OneLifeOneLove

OneLifeOneLove If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.

sound like ur buddy is protective, jealous, and very irrational. you consider him your buddy, but if your BUDDY doesn't trust you then the hell with him. friends here there to help each other not go, 'if you bang her i bang you'.

9. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Yeah true friends want you to be happy. If that means banging his ex. then thats what it means. One of my closest friend married one of my ex's who is my wifes best friend. We are all best friends now.

10. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

this I dont understand, one drink with a friend doesnt seem that harsh to me, and it sure as hell didnt feel like a "date"

11. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

indeed. and it sounds like he's butthurt