SRS am i getting shot down.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by unorthadox, Dec 18, 2006.

1. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Hey. I dont know what to think anymore.

Recently I've finally begun to see myself for who I really want to be, and for who I am now. The thing is, I still have not been able to see people for who THEY are. Probally not a problem, since worrying amounts to nothing more than a shitstain on the pants of life. But it is helpful to know sometimes what others think I guess..

Anyways, I just wanted your input on what you guys think about this facebook convo. I have my theories which I'll lay out after you read them and decide for yourself but I figured it doesn't hurt askin.. Thanks for any help (edit=the convo starts from the bottom up :

xxx:
    Hey jeff
    I have to play it by ear. My best friend's mom has been terminally ill for a while and I just found out she might not make it through the night. If so, I may have to make a quick trip to London for the night or be on the phone with my family and hers.

Me:
    lol. yes procrastination.
    what i meant to say in that last message was going after your work tomorow, but if you can't its cool, staying in school is > than getting candy haha

xxx:
    hahaha i would but im a) broke and b) in major need of studying because ive procrastinated all god damn day lol
    i work until 630.

Me:
    haha. i will only come visit if you do come get candy though. because i've got a fever and the only cure is more fuzzy peaches.
    when do you work til?

xxx:
    hahaha
    hey jeff, i would totally love to but i just got up :( since im nocturnal now and have to study tonight :S effffffff but if u go tomorrow or something i might be able to go. come visit me at work tomorrow cause im cool k
    thanks though!!!

Me:
    im going to make a stop at a little candy store you might know tonight and if you're not up to much it would be a treat for you to join me (get it - treat - candy shop. ... ha).

-----
    Be nice, I know I'm not the smoothest operator in the world.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

the general rule is: if she keeps making excuses, she's not interested.

The best friend's mom thing could be a stress factor, but if it really was, she'd probably have brought it up sooner.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

She's definitely making excuses to get out of doing something with you; and I think in part it's your fault. Opening by saying "if you're not up to much it would be a treat for you to join me (get it - treat - candy shop. ... ha)."

1) You said "If you're not up to much..." -- NO. First, it isn't your concern if she's up to much or not. If she wants to spend time with you, she'll MAKE the time. Especially since it's just a trip to a candy shop, that doesn't take too long (she'd still have plenty of time to study). You're just giving her the opportunity for an escape by mentioning this.

2) Saying "it would be a treat for you to join me" -- NO. You're comming off as desparate, and potentially putting her on a pedestal by saying this. If you'd said "It'd be a treat for you if you joined me," that would have been different, but even that would sound overly arrogant. A simple "You should join me" would've sufficed.

3) The fact that you explained your little pun/joke instantly sucks the funny right out of it. You should've left it alone and looked to see if she noticed/reacted to it on her own or not.

Now, past that, I do think you've got a bit of hope left since she did offer a different time she might be available, and also she asked you to visit her at work. Just be a little less desparate sounding then and you'll probably do fine, but THINK before you talk. Sometimes, less is more.

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Thanks for the tips.

The joke stuff is an inside thing we have together, where we always explain all our jokes and pick the corniest things to say. But I agree with you if it were with anyone else.

We'll see what happens tomorow.

5. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I didn't go see her (and I didn't see this post before I just came back from my exam). So I guess then there's still a "chance," but it nothing happens later I'm not too disapointed. Woulda been nice though.

Aloof and easygoing? That reminds me of the friends episode.. "I'm breezy"

6. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Yeah before I was in her face a bit, you could say. Well not so much the face but talking through msn alot.

And we'll be in seperate cities for the holiday's so I highly doubt running into her anytime before next semester starts.

Still an odd feeling though eh? Wanting something, but having to let it go first.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

No pain, no gain.... :bigthumb:

8. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member