SRS Am I friend-zoned OT?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zee916, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Ok.... so I've been contemplating asking out this girl that I have known since way back. Back to grade school.

We were really good friends in high school and in college and then fell off 2 or 3 years ago because of school, relationships, yada yada....

We talk occasionally, but not routinely at all, just as friends catching up sometimes. She is going to be coming here to Dallas this summer for work and I wanna ask her out.

There's really nothing to provoke this. We have always been good friends and I'm worried she might take it the wrong way.

What do yall think? Part of me says it could go over really well and the other part thinks that it could be weird if she says no.

Thanks for the help,

Z

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

The wrong way? You mean, thinking that you are attracted to her? Isn't that what you want her to understand in the first place?

I don't think it's ever too late to get out of the friend zone.

Ask her out, and simply be the type of guy she would want to date. There isn't some magical formula to make it happen. We could give you all the tips and tricks in the world, but the simple fact is that you need to be confident with her, crack jokes on her, make her feel good about herself, and be sexy.

I can't think of one good-looking confident male friend who has been friend-zoned. I think the "friend-zone" in general is arbitrary. Either you can attract girls or you can't. "Friend-zone" simply means you aren't seen as a sexual entity at all, but they still enjoy your company, the same way you enjoy being around your grandparents.

Be a sexy/confident/cocky/funny/FUN/interesting guy, and the friend zone will disappear.

3. Turboegt

Turboegt New Member

Yeah... What he said!

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I feel that in your case, before you try to get out of the friend zone, you need to take steps to make yourself seem more attractive and of higher value to her. Plus you can attempt to build some sexual tension by throwing compliments at her.

You don't want to make a move while she thinks of you as a loser who can't gain her interest.

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Basically she's going to be going to Dallas to work and some kid that she talks to sometimes here and there is going to surprise her out of left field and ask her out.

See where I'm going with this?

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If you have any doubts about whether you're friend-zoned, you are.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You don't need to ask someone out when you are already friends, that just makes things weird. Just hang out with her when she gets there and flirt with her to see how she reacts. If she's weirded out by it then you have your answer without having to ask her out. If she flirts back then keep up the flirting and make a move. Doing things that way makes it more comfortable and fun for both of you.

8. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Best advice in this thread, and the only advice you need.

/thread

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Ding.... truth has been spoken. :bigthumb:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Make a move already.

11. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

I did not explain myself very well. I'm not just some kid even though it may seem that way since I said we don't talk every day or every week.

Yes, she may be surprised but I'm not just some loser from her past coming out of the woodwork now, LOL.

The whole thing is, I'd like to spend time with her just hanging again first but that is not an option at that point, hence my dilemma......

I'm not taling like $300 dollar suit date. Just going out.

Z

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

You need to get all sam houston with yourself, figure out what you want from this girl, and draw a line in the sand. Then, seduce her, don't freak over last minute resistance, then see what you get. If it crashes and burns, then move on to the next one. You're cheating yourself by not going for what you want. Don't be that moron who waits all his life for this girl, leaves something good or ruins a marriage because you never had the nuts to go for what you want, and ends up fucked because it never would have worked but you still had to know. Do it now. Women are a different species, men should not cheat themselves and ignore sexual desires. You see her as a suitable mate. Be freinds with the girls you don't want to sleep with.