SRS Am I evil?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Companion Cube, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Companion Cube

Companion Cube New Member

Recently, my friends mom died. I didnt care. I didnt know her. My grandpa died. I didnt know him as much as I would have liked to, but it didnt bother me. I would gladly kill someone who threatened me with a weapon. I see people dying who were incredibly stupid a good thing. I believe that profit is one of the best rules in life, and life isnt a garden to all those blond rich hoes. When 9/11 happened, I was like shit we are gonna go to war. Whatever. I thought it hilarious that we nuked japan twice in the second world war, and with 2 bombs killed 200 thousand. I am not saying I like when people die, or that people should die pointlessly. I am just cold hearted.

2. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

what exactly are you asking? sounds to me like a few people died that you weren't close to, and you're wondering why you're not in mourning? sounds to me like you didn't watch the buildings burn from your backyard like i did, and you're wondering why you can't empathize from the images on your tv screen? and what exactly did you find humorous about the united states dropping nuclear weapons on not one but TWO civilian targets during ww2? that one i'm curious about.

instead of being a dick on OT within a month of your registration, you should take time to thank your lucky stars that you are sheltered from the tragedy that is life. i don't see you lasting long here anyway, so long...

3. Irvin Washington

Irvin Washington New Member

You sound more like an asshole than anything else. You're equating apathy for the deaths of those that weren't close to you for an overall lack of appreciation for life. Death to a close friend or relative is quite a bit different.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Are you evil? not hardly
    Are you young? yep, definitely

What you are describing is a lack of empathy for those people that are hurting. You see it as being funny because you can't identify with their pain. You haven't really been hurt in your life yet and I'm not talking about breaking a bone or anything like that. I'm talking about emotional hurt.

It's common for people to feel like you at a young age. Look at how awful grade school children can be to each other.

When you've lived through the loss of someone you really cared about, then you'll know pain. Hopefully that pain will help soften you to be able to empathize with others sufferings. Perhaps not....there are those that go through life walling off their emotions because they are afraid of them.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

In reality your not evil nor a cold hearted person, you are simply emotionally detached to those who you don't know.

You know saying something about something you haven't experienced yourself makes your views incomplete.

Afteral if you actually did experience the flames of hiroshima yourself, you would say ' this never again' , instead of zomg i don't care. It really proves that you are emotionally detached, and to let you learn something grab a big cup of coffee and read this story.

http://www.greatdreams.com/nde1.htm

6. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Watch someone die a painful death and see if it doesn't effect you. If all it does is give you a sick little tingle and a curious smile, yeah you might be a bit sadistic. If you don't get much reaction from something that doesn't effect you you can't really say your evil. Grow up a lil.

7. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Sounds to me like you're just young and out of touch.

8. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

You're nuts. You're lost in life. Thats quite possibly one of the rudest things I've ever read.

Not in touch with friends family, or even your grandfather, that's understandable. But to be "Ok" with the idea of thousands of fellow citizens dying is absurd.

9. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It's easy to hate and not care.
    To care and sacrifice takes courage.

10. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Well said.

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Are you evil? No.

Are you apathetic? Yeah, but since you weren't close to those relatives who died, it's understandable.

And for the last part, you just sound like you're being a dick about it.

12. delay pedal

delay pedal Guest

you sound like a young person with a chip on your shoulder
    the older you get, the more you will value life, and not equate it to the movies you watch