Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RalphL, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I've been working out for 3 months and ive lost about 4lbs according to my gym's scale. I weight 180lbs now and im 5'8''. I have definitly gotten stronger. I keep my calories at about 2k and my carbs at about 115g's. I havent done cardio in about 2-3 weeks because I have not had time but i plan on getting to the gym on saturday and sunday for 20 minutes of HIIT. Is this enough? Here's what i've eaten so far today: http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=flakeylemon
    and for dinner im having some sweet potato and chicken.

2. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

With calories that low, something would be wrong if you weren't losing weight. You're probably going to hit a point where you stop getting stronger, though, unless you up the cals.

3. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

up my cals?

4. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

Eating right only maintains your lvl or ups your level of mass (both fat and muscle) if your caloric lvl is too high for your activity lvl.
    If you're trying to loose fat you're going to have to also loose some muscle.
    With that said; Cardio is a must!!!
    There is no such thing as "no time". Get up extra early and run for 30 min every morning.
    do it
    Your nutrition seems to be in order BUT you need to burn off what's already hanging heavy on your body and mind. Believe in the burn.
    Bitch, stop reading this and go running.

5. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Last spring I did a cut at 1800 calories a day.

I went from 190 to 168 but my bech went from 155x5x5 to 185x5x5.

6. benny196

benny196 New Member

That means 2000 cals is below maintenace for you.... Try eating 2750 then if your still not gaining up it to over 3000. (wait, do you want to lose weight, cause if so my posts are completely irrelevant and I'll delete my other one.)

7. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I was thinking of going on saturday and sunday and doing 20 minutes each day for cardio.

8. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

I'm assuming you want a thin lean body to start then continue to gain muscle and strength.
    I would have you running every morning. Get up 45 min early, drink a good bit of water (you're dehydrated when you wake), stretch, then run for 30 min and cool down with more water.
    Eating seems fine.
    You'll be a bit hungry but that's the basis of weight loss. You need to burn off what you're carring then you'll be lean, at which point you can start a healthy bulk by upping your calories. Only when you're at the bulk part can you afford to only run on the weekend. For now, you should be running every day.
    Otherwise i don't know wtf you want to do. If you just want to bulk like woah then eat 4K++ calories and hit the heavy weights.

Thread Over.

9. Mass

Mass Active Member

is this NBC writer Liz Lemon from 30 Rock!?!??!

10. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

Its kind of hard with school and all, but ill try. It gets pretty cold here in the morning. like 10*. ill definitly do with when it gets warmer. till then ill squeeze in 10 minutes of cardio a day and have cardio days on weekends.

no. i killed liz lemon...and blended her into my pwo shake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.