Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BTA, Mar 29, 2005.

1. BTA

BTA New Member

Basically, I'm always reading people's posts about their relationships and a common statement made is "we've been through alot of rough times together", "it has its ups and downs", etc. Things like that.

What I'm wondering is, am I and/or my GF doing something wrong?

We've been together for about a year, been living together for about almost 2 months now. Havnt had a single fight. We disagree on stuff (not much) but nothing major. We talk about money, agree or disagree, we dont fight over it.

Sex life is great. We both give each other alone time as needed and enjoy time alone or together. No problems with talking about random crap or serious subjects. My parents and siblings like her and her parents like me. She doesnt nag me, I dont get snippy with her (well sometimes, but that just means im hungry so she feeds me heh :) )

We often joke about whether we're not doing it right or something, because we have yet to have these "rough times" that so many speak of.

Oh well, we're both happy so I guess thats all that matters. Just curious if there's others out there who dont have all the drama in their relationships that many couples talk about?

-bta :wiggle:

ps. as a side note, both of us have had some crappy relationships before, which is probably why we're surprised its going so well now.

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

You're in a happy healthy relationship. Not EVERYONE fights like cats and dogs. All depends on the couple. My sister and her husband have had 2 fights, which ended after 4 hours of not speakin to eachother. I once dated a guy for a few years and we NEVER fought, be both expressed ourselves and feelins, and there we never agruement. Its hit and miss I believe. Good for you, cherish her.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

me and my girl are the same way. All our friends think we are stupid because we still cant get enough of each other. Apparently we are "supposed" to lose feelings for each other and "argue more" now according to others. Most people just make themselves happy in their shitty relationships so they dont understand it when other people have great ones.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i've got a pretty similar situation (though i dont think there's anything wrong). my girlfriend and i get along famously. we have had like 2 or 3 fights, never anything serious. he debate/argue alot, but not fighting type. we joke about other couples being jealous of our relationship beause we work together so perfectly. we have the same interests, hobbies, taste in music (taste in most everything really, houses, decorating, music, whatever), and are just very well adjusted people who love being with eachother. i know there's nothing wrong with that, we just compliment eachother SO well it's awesome.

be happy with the relationship, they dont all come like that .

5. Lad

Lad Guest

You dont have to fight... But there is always points where you will disagree. Its how strongly you make that disagreement. What may be a fight to some, may be just a disagreement to another. POV

6. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

sounds like a good relationship to me! count yourself lucky :)

7. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

You won the prize, be happy. To me women are like a lottery (or that lame Forrest Gump quote about a box of chocolates) most of the time you don't win but every once in a while guys hit the jackpot. Congrats you won the woman lottery.

8. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

My wife and I are like that. We've been together for 8 years total, married for 2.

I think I've raised my voice 2 or 3 times over that 8 year period. Some people just get along. I enjoy it very much.