SRS Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kimjongil, May 17, 2005.

1. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Or just in a weird slump....for the last two months, I've felt like the main character from the movie, "American Psycho". I'm waking up, doing my morning routine, going to work, coming home and seeing the girlfriend. Just over and over again. I'm still friendly and warm to people and everything is going great.

The only problem is, it's all an act. I've been completely numb for this period of time. Felt practically nothing and had to fake emotions when the situation called for it. A lot of people have also started to disgust me, rude people, lazy people and especially people who want something for nothing.

When I look back, I suppose that this has been creeping in for awhile. When I was younger both my parents died in an accident, and since then I've been sort of...different from most, it seems. I have to admit that people who are paticularly bad (a guy outside my work who always asks for money) have caused me to have violent impulses towards them. Advice?

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

get lost throwdown ...

don't touch my posts again!!

:eek3:

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Sounds like you could use a good outlet to talk to. Like a good M.S. Therapist.

4. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

i have feelings like that all time time. the only way to fight it is to find something new to occupy yourself. something that will keep your mind busy.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Throwdown: thank you.

6. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you're repressing emotions and they're starting to build up, causing these urges. if you continue to repress, you will begin to act violently, often towards people who dont deserve it

you need to start acknowledging your emotions, and allowing them to play out, this includes the 'negative' ones

if you feel angry, dont push it down, let it out (find a non-destructive way, ie punching bag, driving fast, etc)

negative thoughts and emotions are part of everyone, its only when you supress them that they build and start to become dangerous

7. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

then kill the guy and get it over with

8. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

I think you're right. After my parents died, I taught myself not to feel anything. And now it's kind of biting me in the ass I guess.

9. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

ive done the same in the past, it's a long and difficult process to unlock those doors but it needs to be done

10. Agreed.

11. These are all true and I think this coincides well with what Peyomp said about the therapist.

12. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

seeing as my post was wiped out, I will push you again.

kimjongil, how long has it been since you slapped yourself in the face??

can you feel it, or are you numb??

personally, I don't think that the person outside of your building is a bad person for wanting money ... I am sure if you sat down with them, you would find the reason out for it!!

seriously, kimjongil, stop being a pussy. you know you have a problem, so deal with it!!

if the REAL problem is that you are bored, then do something outside of your comfort zone. I think that it is your real problem, and you are too much of a pussy to associate it properly; currently you are associating it with your parents, and your own self-pity.

pull your dick out of your arse, and do something new!! I put you to a challenge, try something new for 1 month. If you don't like it, find something else new, and then do that for a month. Keep going until you find peace in yourself and discover who you really are, and find an outlet to let yourself go!!

throwdown, you touch my posts again, and I will make a complaint!!

if you are the same as him, then you have the same problem, so read my advice to him before hand. if you are capable of reading that is ...

13. johan

johan Active Member

I wonder how long this one will be up.

14. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

the song im listening to right now seems quite apt... 'what was i thinking'

15. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

any updates?? :big grin:

16. PrettyKittieJ

PrettyKittieJ New Member

I know what you feeling. I have felt like that for the past month. But instead of faking it recently, I have made a point to do things that make me happy instead of doing things that make other people happy or thinking about what my actions will do to others. It just might be time for you to take a good look at yourself and say "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" and then do it.

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What i think mainly is that the lack of parents has swiped away any good role modelling of how you should be a jovile and youthfull happy person who goes into life with a dynamic and personal approuch. You have to try to be a loving and helpfull person in your life, try to help people so that you could actually start bonding and making connections with a real type of feeling, which is love, and experience that you don't have to be an actor all the time, you know people really could use your help, and quite frankly there are so many beautifull ways to connect to people, and volenteering to help could bring your life back into a real world, with real emotions and real people, and could bring you back alive. you could at least try that.