SRS Am I being too paranoid?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gypsyheart, Apr 14, 2008.

1. gypsyheart

gypsyheart New Member

My fiancee lets his dog walk all over his bed and clothes and pretty much all over his stuff after the said dog has been running around frolicking in the grass outside and then calls me paranoid and gets pissy if I tell him to wash his hands before attempting to get :naughty:with me or if I tell him to get the dog off his bed (especially the pillows). I think it's repulsive and unhygienic, he thinks I am being too paranoid. What do you all think?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Depends on how much you love animals. People in the past have been walking and eating for thousands of years in the grass and in the wild on earth, it would be unlikely for us not to be able to cope with such a small amount. It is however unhygienic to some extend. What matters is that you are bothered by it, and need to make clear rules that the dog is not allowed in the bedroom, the dog stays downstairs. That's fair enough i think.

3. IHAMWETARDDID

IHAMWETARDDID "We could make babies and accidental songs..."

People think differently about limiting an animals reign on the house.. If that is how you feel than its understandable. Personally, my dog sleeps with me and my bf everynight, whether its on the bed or next to it. Its just a matter of personal preference

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

As said, it's a matter of personal preference. My dog sleeps with me every night (when I'm home), and I definitely don't think twice about it. Depends on your attachment to the animal and your comfort around it. He is obviously at a different level as you are, seeing as it's his dog, but I don't find it unreasonable if you ask him to not allow the dog in the bed while you are there.

5. gypsyheart

gypsyheart New Member

It's not that I really mind the dog being on the bed, it's that I know how it likes to get itself in all kinds of things when it's being walked. The idea of doing the freaky in the same spot where this dog walked after having been outside kinda of horrifies me. Maybe I am overreacting because I am not used to pets. Or at least I hope that's what it is.

6. imhisgrl85

imhisgrl85 New Member

Only do the freaky after you have changed the sheets then... that is my only conclusion from this. If you have to change the sheets daily... you are just going to look more paranoid, so i say either GET OVER IT (he is not going to get rid of the dog or change the dogs rules), or don't marry this guy if you can't accept his baggage (a dog is like a child, you have to love it and nurture it).

Now unless this dog sheds uncontrollably.... i think you are overreacting. I have a dog, she never sleeps with me (because she pees on my bed) so I crate trained her. You cannot crate train a dog who has been allowed to roam freely, they will wreak havoc and tear stuff up.

Gosh its usually the dogs that get jealous of companions!

[​IMG]

7. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

I'd be a little :| about him playing with me straight after petting the dog too, basically you don't know what it's been rolling in, right? You're not crazy.
    He probably really loves it and wants it in the room bouncing around him like a good little doggie and might take offence to you asking for it to be entirely removed, but I really don't see how asking him to wash his hands before playing would be unreasonable :)

All this reminds me of a Spaced quote
    "So I said to him, it's either me or the dog.

an' 'e chose the dog.

Bitch."
    :rofl:

8. IHAMWETARDDID

I actually just got my pup about 10 days ago. I am in the process of crate training her. I have read so many articles that say crate training is the way to go. At first I thought it was inhumane but my thoughts are the total opposite now. Even in this short period of time the puppy seems to love her "home." Sorry for being off subject, any tips on crate training?

9. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

You can really tell you're super excited about your new family addition! omgapuppythreadicantalkaboutmypuppyyaaaaaay cute :mamoru: pics?

I don't know how I feel about crate training but it seems to be really effective though i'm not an owner so no tips sorry.

10. gypsyheart

gypsyheart New Member

He just got the dog and I love the little thing. I just think it's highly unhygienic. It rolled in grass other dogs have peed and pooed on and then it rolls in our bed and the fiancee sees no problem with it. I think it's repulsive.

11. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

You're making it sound worse and worse. If you really have that much of an issue with the dog being on the bed you need to talk to your SO about it as soon as you can. Explain it to him simply, you can only find out if he'll understand if you talk to him about it.
    Does the puppy have a bed of it's own to crawl all over?

12. IHAMWETARDDID

:rofl: I am SUPER excited. I have wanted a dog for a while now. We were unable to get one because we didn't have a sufficient yard. We recently moved and now have a big backyard for the puppy to play.

At first I was extremely apprehensive about crate training but I have read so much about it and talked to people who crate trained their dogs and they would really recommend it.

Pics of my puppy Marina:
    [​IMG]

Sorry pic is so big. I don't have many options at work :o

13. IHAMWETARDDID

Oh she is almost 4 months. Golden lab mix (mixed with what?)

14. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I have two 11-month old Labrador Retrievers. They go outside and get dirty, but they are pretty good at cleaning themselves off.

They usually sleep in my bed with me unless I have a girl staying with me, then I kick them down to the floor.

Unless it rains and they go rolling in the mud, they manage to clean themselves just fine. They never dirty anything up....just hair!

15. gypsyheart

gypsyheart New Member

Yeah, it does, but my my fiancee prefers to get him used to sleeping on the same bed with us. I guess I'll just have to get over it at some point.

16. 2500

2500 Guest

We don't let any of our animals in our bed, because they tend to lay on our pillows. I personally don't want a cat, who just dug around in a litter box filled with shit, pawing where I'm going to lay my mouth in 4 hours.

17. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

You don't have to settle for 'what he says goes'. If it is bothering you now how much is it going to bother you in a months time when it's doubled in size?

I would really press this to him and try to come to a compromise. For example giving the dog it's own bed to be set on your bed in the early stages that will be moved to the floor in later weeks.

If you don't get it settled out now the chances are you'll end up having a rowe about it later on :(

18. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

She has such an innocent expression on her face, how easy to love!

19. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

:rofl:
    I've always seen cats and more hygenic than dogs and for the life of me I couldn't tell you why. Something that licks itself constantly can't be sanitary.

20. BeHeadR

BeHeadR Only Slightly Insane

Yes just what every boyfriend wants....a nagging/complaining girl black mailing him into not petting the dog or letting the dog on the bed by withholding sex.

I'd dump your ass in no time flat.

Don't like the dog? Don't like your b/f because he's not a paranoid germaphobe like you? Then leave.

Problem solved.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  21. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

If nothing else, it will strenghten your immune system. The "outside" isn't some cess pool of germs and bacteria just waiting for you or the dog to pass by. The neglegible amounts bacteria that the dog might pick up will act as a vaccine for your immune system. Its like riding the subway.

I can understand not wanting the dog on the bed during intercourse. Thats kinda wtf, but it has nothing to do with hygenic reasons. You cannot get sick from sleeping with a dog that has been outside unless he picks up some sweet ass rabies from a squirrel.

When we had a dog we would just wash his feet off whenever he came in if it was wet so he wouldn't track mud through the house.

22. 2500

2500 Guest

I don't see that, lol. My dogs shit, and walk away from it. My cats shit in a box, and kick it around. little particles of litter in between their toes and shit. yuk, lol. figures the cats are the ones that can jump on the counters too. :squint:

23. 2500

2500 Guest

Maybe I should stop using so much hand sanitizer, lol

24. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

I know! It makes no sence :mamoru: It's probably to do with growing up around cats and having to tell the big smelly dogs off for chasing them

25. flowers

flowers New Member

if anyone ever had a problem with my dog ..i would dump their ass right away.
    no one come between me and my dog. NO ONE .