am i being to paranoid? chances are pretty high?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Jan 11, 2008.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

A buddy of mine and I were having a discussion today about girls and sex. He was talking about ones he hooked up, one night stands the whole bit. Anyways, recently i have become very paranoid about hooking up with random people. It all started last week when i was watching MTV and it was talking about aids, std s and all this other crap. I feel like at the age of 26 im very uneducated, but it hit me there is so much more shit out there then i knew of. I told him my concern that i really don't want to hook up with any more random people, and rather just be committed to one person. He says im over exaggerating, you only live once, and using a condom chances are slim to none of contracting stuff.

What do you guys and girls think of this? you believe i shouldn't be as concerned as i am, and continue having fun while im single? using a condom will be good enough to protect myself?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Just wear a condom and maybe don't sleep around with every girl you see. There is a thing called safe sex that can usually keep you safe from diseases and pregnancy. If that still scares you then stop listening to your dumb possibly disease-filled friend. Choose women based on quality, not quantity.

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its a matter of weighing risks and benefits, you have to decide how much each component is worth to you.

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Your thoughts are somewhat justified. For instance, the herp can in some cases be spread even if you wear a condom. If you have broken skin anywhere that "fluids" contact, other bugs can enter your body there. There is no 100% safe sex unless you wrap up your whole body. That said, it's true that condoms will generally protect you from most of the scary things quite well when used correctly.

Personally, the idea of screwing lots of girls I don't really know holds little appeal for me. I find sex more rewarding as an extension of love than as a hedonistic act. If that's you as well, there's no reason you have to conform to the way others (most other guys, in my experience) think about it. Do what seems best to you.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

IMO, your thoughts are well justified.

This reason paired with others (personal/religious/moral grounds) is why I do not have one-night stands. No one is saying you cannot have sex, but with one-night stands you take certain risks. You have to figure that if a girl is willing to sleep with you the first day you meet her then chances are high she has done with tons of other guys, and those guys probably did with tons of girls, who did with tons of other guys, etc... you get what I am saying.

Occasionally you get a one-night stand that is not an easy lay or a whore, but more likely than not that is not the case.

Point is, if you are not comfortable with one-night stands for that reason then that is fine... I don't do it either, although I get opportunities for it somewhat frequently.
    If you decide you want to nail every girl you get a chance to just make sure you wrap it up EVERY TIME.

6. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'm not running a high number count by any means and there have been several situations where I've passed up having sex with a girl. If it feels like the girl is going to be clingy, too easy, or just isn't turning me on mentally -- I'd rather pass it up and not risk any long term issues (disease, pregnancy, constant phone calls, etc.).

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yes you should be concerned. One night stands are a very stupid thing to do. If you don't want to be in a relationship but you still want sex then casually date or have fuckbuddies. Get to know them before you sleep with them and make sure they don't sleep around and that they have been tested recently.

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

all I can think of is that scene from one of the naked gun movies where they are wearing those huge ass condoms that cover their whole body :bowrofl:

9. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

risk reward, dont get the sluttiest girls you can find. in fact avoid the sluttiest of the sluttiest

10. Yuppy

and you are being paranoid.

11. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

I feel more comfortable having sex with a one night stand and using a condom than having sex in a relationship without a condom. MANY people cheat.

12. willdawg69

willdawg69 Guest

This is where I become a dangerous one. If it is a one night stand I will wrap up 100% of the time no questions about it. Although it seems if I am in a relationship with someone for a while I get comfortable and have un-protected sex.

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Eh, while avoiding slutty girls does help it does not full-proof you.

I've known some pretty "unslutty" looking girls to have STD's. This is why I say avoid one-night stands all together if you don't know the person. Like someone else mentioned, best thing to do is find a fuckbuddy you know if you want sex and don't want to have a relationship.

Nothing is 100% fullproof, but being smart about it and not always thinking with your dick can compensate for a lot.

14. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

There are so many dishonest people out there, and they're often times the ones who you'd least expect. Thats why I'm more comfortable having protected sex with someone who I don't know, than unprotected sex with someone I think I know.

15. Yuppy

i know its not fool proof. of course. but it helps.

16. Yuppy

and slutty look != slutty. its the slutty acting, talking girls