Am i being ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ariesgirl, Jan 8, 2006.

1. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

I had asked my boyfriend if he would be interested in going to Cabo this Summer. We've been together for 4 years and we have never really been anywhere exotic, so I figured that would be a fun place to visit. He almost immediately shot that idea down and explained to me that he can think of other things to spend his money on. Mind you, my boyfriend is not a big drinker. He thinks the main reason I want to go is to get drunk. If im not mistaken, there are a lot of things to do in Cabo. (i.e snorkeling, surfing, horseback riding, etc.) So jokingly I said I would just go by myself. He told me if I go on any vacation without him, then it means Im unhappy with our relationship. To top it off, he told me he would break up with me if i even considered going. Now, am i being the insane one for thinking that argument is absolutely ridiculous? I dont want to say anything else to him right now in fear that i will say something i regret. Please help. Any advice is helpful.

2. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

I forgot to mention that I will be paying for most of this trip.

3. operationrob

operationrob OT Supporter

does he happen to wear a yamaka?

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

No offense, but how old are you two? Your relationship sounds very immature. IMO you need to sit down and have a talk with him and tell him exactly how you feel about everything.

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Ya something is going on if he is flipping out over a small suggestion like this. There is something else going on and you should ask him about it.

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

sounds like he has trust issues... among other things.

i do have a couple of questions: are you paying for this trip, or is visa, mastercard, or american express paying? ;) if you catch my drift.

the other question? it's already been asked, but what are your ages?

7. Felix

Felix Its good to be me.

I'd go with you and I don't even know you. Sounds like you and your man need to have a talk. His view point is kinda stupid and he should do a better job voicing his opinion.

8. quamen

quamen New Member

ill go with you and pay for myself. i just think your bf was upset at the moment or doesnt make alot of money to actually go and spend on a vacation that he might not be totally into.

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

No.

But he is.

10. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Those were kind of my first thoughts...

My ex-husband kind of turned into the same thing after we were together for awhile. Didn't really want to spend the money to go places. He never really showed all that much interest in planning a honeymoon either. :( A lot of that was timing as well and I can't really blame him for all of that but it was a damper that he had such a lack of interest. I don't agree with turning something like that into an arguement. You only live once... you should at least be open minded about it and consider it if you can afford it but sometimes it's all in how you present it and what your current situation is. :dunno:

11. CastrateSaddam

CastrateSaddam New Member

i dont drink and i love mexico......

12. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

Ill be 20 in March, he is 19. The package deal is 1,200 dollars, which i plan to take from my savings account. so its not like im using credit for this trip. its all hard earned money.

13. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

He makes good money (hes an electrician), so I know that is not the issue. I think a lot of it has to do with trust. It just makes me wonder why he has trust issues when we have been together for 4 years?

14. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

Will you marry me? I'll let you take me on vacations wherever you want to go!!

Seriously though, I don't even know if its a trust issue since he doesn't want to go with you.

I don't understand why you would not want to go on an exotic/romantic vacation with your partner, especially when they are paying.

15. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

He says that he wants me to save my money instead of essentially "pissing it away." I just wish he would understand that this is something I want to do for us. Last year he payed for us to go to Disneyland, and he didn't let me pay for anything. I don't see how this is any different.

16. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Hmmmm.

Well, I will tell you this, I had an ex that offered to pay for a trip to Vegas for me and her. I told her No multiple times. But I ended up going because she would not take no for an answer.$

Why did I say no so much?

When we broke up, she bagged about it. "I took us to Vegas and now you are leaving me? How can you even think of doing such a thing after what I have done for you?"

It made me feel obligated to stay with her in certain ways. I didn't want that. I wanted to be with her because I wanted to be with her, not because she bought me a trip to Vegas and I feared that I would have to pay back what she had bought. I had no intention to break up with her, I know it seems strange, but that was the way I felt.

At the same time, I never payed for anything like that either because I didn't want her to feel the same way. So I think in your case, if he didn't want to go with you on a trip that you paid for, he should not have done the same.

17. Genocide

Genocide Why does my W look like a peace sign?!

Don't even bother. He sounds like a bit controlive.If you're serious about this guy you need to ask yourself whether you're ready to spend the rest of your life with this dude and if you don't think that's going to happen then end it now and go on with your life. Four years is a long time, and from the looks of it he's not very charismatic. Looks like you either need to introduce him to new people, or get rid of him and enjoy you're life.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

this guy sounds like a boring pain in the ass crybaby. tell us what are some good things about him?

19. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

the excuse would have been logical if it wasnt soo hypocritical
    :dunno:

20. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i don't know your whole life story, but somehow i knew this was his reasoning ;)

the only person that knows whether the trip is worth it, is you two. do you have credit card debt or any other financial obligations? my brother's ex is exactly like this... she goes on trips but is unable to foot them financially. i REALIZE you have money in savings, but i can see his point in that the money may be better spent elsewhere. like i said, only you two know whether that is the case :dunno:

regardless...an extra 1200 in the bank is always nice :)

21. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Him not wanting you to go make him sound like an ass.

The first part of the issue Solus summed up well though.

22. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

hes my best friend. ive been through a lot in the past year, and he has been nothing short of amazing. The only thing is that we are both so much the same that we butt heads all the time. Stubborn is a good word i think. I do love him very much. My world would be a different place without him in it.Whether or not different is s good or bad thing is beyond me.

23. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

I dont have one dollar of credit card debt. Im very good about managing my money, especially for only being 19. My mom was an accounting major and has drilled the importance of financial management into my brain. So i have her to thank for that.

24. ariesgirl

ariesgirl New Member

thats a good point. I never really analyzed it like that, but it does make sense.

25. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

i can see your bf being a hardcore conservative. disney land is nothing in comparrison to a 1200 dollar trip. Are you two planning to get married yet? i you should use that money for a future wedding. Or invest it.