SRS Am I a glutton for conflict?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Barkode, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

It seems like anytime something happens in my life, between people I know, I always take a devils advocate approach, and end up alienating myself from everybody involved because of it. I am never really the instigator, but somehow always end up with extremely different opinions about a situation than everyone else, including both parties involved.

I have usually in the past just chalked this up to peoples need to stay in the status quo, sheep mentality, to keep things managable, and me actually thinking outside of it, but the more it happens I fell like I am subconciously doing this to myself. Anyone else ever have this problem? :hsugh:

2. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

I've done that to myself in the past. And I agree with you about the sheep mentality which is probably why I only have a few friends :dunno:

3. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

Do you mean like people will have a certain opinion on something and you'll take the opposite for no reason?

4. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

God, this sounds just like me. I think I am hooked on conflict. I always seem to root for the underdog, even if I don't have a good reason for it. I often find myself taking far-out opinions just to differ from those around me.

5. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

Exactly my problem

6. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Do you ever find that when things are going good around you, as in, when everyone seems to be happy and cheeful, you feel like things are getting out of control, and you feel like you have to be negative to neutralize everything, or do something to bring the situation down?