Am I a bad best friend v.girlfriendtalking

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SOLIDAge, May 6, 2008.

1. SOLIDAge

SOLIDAge D'ya Know what I mean?

Long story short...

1. Best friend goes on a break w/ his chick who regularly talks to me about her problems with him.
    2. His chick called me about it (for argument's sake he talked to some of her friends about their current situation)
    3. I don't tell him she's talking to me about it.
    4. I realize that he isn't happy with this chick, and has been happier w/o her lately and I was doing him a disservice.
    5. I come clean with him that i had been talking to her (the day after i spoke with her) and he's angry with me. Saying that he knew i was doing this behind his back.

I feel like shit b/c like a week ago he asked me if she was talking to me (she wasn't at the time) but i told him that if she did I would tell him.

I was only trying to help their relationship and make him happy by helping them get back together, but he said if I wanted to help him out why wouldn't i tell him.
    I spoke w/ him for a while today and he seemed more receptive at the end of the convo but i still feel like shit.

what should i do to not lose anymore trust/regain it back from my best friend and go on as we were...b/c i feel like shit :wtc:

I do feel like shit.

2. kiri

kiri New Member

wait... all you did was talk to her? are you friends with her? what is the big deal here?

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You both sound like 14 year old girls. Tell your friend to suck it up and quit being a douche all you did was talk to her about him.

I figured this thread was going to be about going after a friends ex or something, that would make more sense then your story.

By the sounds of it you did nothing wrong and therefore don't worry about it

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

He's overreacting.

This all sounds high school to me :greddy:

If you want to regain his trust stop talking to his ex girlfriend, simple as that.

5. SOLIDAge

Ya all i did was talk to her.
    We talk and hang out all the time...just hadn't done so before they went on their break.

part of my thinks he's a fuckin' hypocrite since he basically did what i did by talking to her friends about it...but apparently i can't :dunno:

6. SOLIDAge

if i had to guess, the fact that i told him i'd tell him if i talked to her. and i didn't do so right away.

7. fray

fray New Member

you did it the next day. wtf does he want? are you guys joined at the hip? christ.

8. SOLIDAge

pretty much we are.
    we were both at a party, and she called me before he got there...so i guess i coulda told him once we were there.
    He made a comment at the end of the night when i text someone saying "oh talking to my girlfriend now" ( i wasn't) and that's what tipped me off that he knew.

9. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

Is that Billy Corgan as your av?

10. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

They aren't going out anymore right now (at least that's what i've understood) so she isn't "his girlfriend" anymore...

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

blah blah blah blah.

It's their problem, stay out of it, let them figure it out on their own.

But what happened is a prime example of why you should stay out of drama like this. If two people you know are having issues in a relationship, the absolute best thing you can do is to not get involved and let them deal with it.

And yes, you can be supportive without getting involved.

12. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

agreed, just stay out of it. I can kinda understand how your friend is feeling although childish. its best to just stay out of it completely and let them handle it.

13. SOLIDAge

went to a movie tonight with him and some others, we planned it before all This shit.

He didn't say two words to me.

14. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

He didn't say two words to you because you talked to his girlfriend behind his back and then he found out before you came clean. If you were a man of your word this would not have happened. You are right to be upset with yourself. Only in time will he realize it wasn't a big deal. You need to take your word more seriously, if you say it do it faggot.