always tired, no energy for anything

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AK-47, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

Anybody know why that is? I'm always yawning, and by the time i get to the gym i feel like i have no strength left anywhere, my arms and legs feel like noodles. I usually do grappling in the morning, basketball in the afternoon, grappling again at night and then go to the gym after that.
    At any time of the day i'm always tired, like i haven't slept for days even when i had a good 8-9 hours of sleep. So anybody know why it's like that?

2. xela

xela So say we all!

I went through a period of that a month ago. I started taking some iron pills and noticed an improvement. :dunno:

3. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

overtraining

either eat more or reduce your training.

4. hitmikey

hitmikey DRIVEN FROM WITHIN

agreed. i would need a nap somewhere in between all of that, especially if it was daily and weightlifting was a part of my week

also sometimes 8-9hours can be too much sleep. it all depends on the person

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i usually eat alot, probably 5-6 times a day and it's very high in carbs because i thought that was the problem, but appearantly it's not.

6. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

hmmm, i'll look into that :bigthumb:

7. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

about the overtraining i don't think that is the case since i have usually 2-4 hrs rest between each activity except the gym at night which is right after the last one.

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

carbs arent always useful especially if you're insulin resistant.. it only leads to more lethargy

9. Elfling

Elfling New Member

That's not what overtraining is. Overtraining is just having done too much over a long period of time and having run your body into the ground.

There's a lot of possibilities; overtraining/overreaching in your case seems likely. Also- yes, too many carbs if you're more sensitive to them, or if you're eating only carbs at some meals; low iron; then there's other things like thyroid/chronic fatigue/etc.

Seriously though- you do a shitload according to your first post. Sounds like you need to really look into your nutrition, make sure you're eating enough, and maybe re-arrange some of your workouts. Are you taking any rest days at all?

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If this persists, hit up the doctor. Anemia or depression are possibilities. Although it sounds like you exercise alot. Have you considered taking a week off?

11. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah i usually have 3 rest days from lifting, i do upper/lower 4 days a week, and sundays i have the whole day off except sometimes i go play ping-pong/soccer/basketball. Hmm, so too much carbs is not good? i always though i needed alot to replenish energy, how much should i be eating then?

12. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

it could be a lot of things. Go see your doctors. Some possibilities are; sleep apnea, depression, iron deficiency, multiple sclerosis, ALS or some other neuromuscular disease, diabetes, thyroid, chronic fatigue sysndrome, etc. You really should get it checked out. I had no idea I had sleep apnea until my doctor sent me for a sleep study...those will usually tell you what it wrong. The two most common reasons would be sleep apnea or depression. Good luck!

13. V!

V! New Member

When i had that problem a multi-vitamin i was taking helped give me more energy during the day

14. Elfling

Elfling New Member

It may be just how many carbs you're eating vs. how much protein, too. You haven't been tracking your food up till now? Probably a good place to start. Just write down everything you eat, plug it into something like fitday.com, and figure out what you've been eating. Also *when*

15. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

Yeah usually i have more carbs than protein, in a day i would say i ahve about 300g of protein and about 450g of carbs, i don't know about fats never looked at it, maybe i should start writing everything down. What should i be looking for as far as how much i'm getting?

16. Accord

Accord New Member

How much do you weigh?

17. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

You have a lot going on dude.. When was the last time you took a few days to allow your body to catch up?

18. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i'm like 6'3'' 238 lbs right now

19. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

well on some days i don't go to the night grappling because of work and then i don't do basketball and go to the gym instead, and like i said usually saturday sunday i have off except for grappling, but every like 7 or 8 weeks i'll take a week off from lifting

20. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Yeah.. I'm talking about a week or so off to let your body catch up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.