SRS Always Robin, never Batman

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vibit, Sep 12, 2006.

1. vibit

vibit New Member

I always seem to be the 'sidekick', or someone's bitch all the time. And I want to be the one to take charge sometimes, or at least just be the more confident and assertive one. Does anyone have any tips or analysis on this?

2. Isamu

Isamu New Member

just do it.. next time your in a situation where you can take the lead.. do it. and if you fuck up, well, you learn from your mistakes and try again.. you won't get anywhere if you let yourself be robin..

3. Los

Los Active Member

There is nothing wrong with being Robin. Sometimes you get the better view. :)

4. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

In the wild, would you mate with the alpha male, or the beta male? I think the answer is obvious.

5. marcu5

marcu5 not worry friend. i do not grudge.

stop focusing on the results of being assertive & just do it.

6. Mr. Mikey

Mr. Mikey New Member

Start going out all by yourself. Just you on the prowl all alone.

That way you will learn to be self assured, no one else will see your mistakes and you won't look like some sidekick/ bitch.

Try out a different club. Just go and have a good time by yourself.

....and uh, save the tights and cape for when you get her back to your place.

7. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Stop caring about what everyone else thinks and just do and say what you want.

8. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

You'll probably find that if you try to reverse the roles in your current relationships your friends will cry about you "changing" for the worse or they will become pissed. If you truly are a doormat right now and want to change, these people are not your friends. They were happy to have their sidekick and now you're trying to get out of that box and they don't like it. Anyway...here are some pointers.

1) Do say what is on your mind. You don't have to always be blunt but do so every now and then. Don't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings

2) Do your own thing. Don't follow people around like a lost puppy. If you're at a bar/club with your friends and they walk off somewhere, don't be afraid to do your own thing. If your friends call you wanting to "do something" tell them where you're going and invite them along.

3) Have confident body language. Don't lean in when you're talking to someone or being talked to. LEAN BACK. Don't hide your hands in your pockets (looks like you're hiding something) or cross your arms/legs (this is a defensive posture, your arms/legs are blocking you from the outside world). Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart. Sit facing doorways, not with your back to them. Be the cool guy leaning against the bar. Make eye contact when you're talking to people but not so much when they are talking to you. Have a firm handshake. Tilt your head up a little, not towards the ground or even straight ahead.

4) MAKE NEW FRIENDS. Be friendly! That doesn't mean you can't keep your old friends but you should definitely make new ones. That gives you the chance to find your own "sidekick". If you can form another completely new social circle, you can then take your old friends to parties with the new social circle and then your old friend will be the sidekick! If you enter into an already formed social circle you're going to have a hard time being the leader because it already has one.

5) Don't call your friends more than they call you.

6) Don't seek other people's approval.

Those are the major ones off the top of my head. I hope it helps.

9. Los

Los Active Member

I don't consider human slut/whoring rituals to that of actually mating with someone and spending the rest of their lives with. :o That's my two cents.

If you want to be more assertive, BE more assertive.

Be an asshole. But do it with style.

Be unique. Stand out in a crowd when you want to but don't do it just to look cool.

Lastly, there is a rhyme and reason for everything. Just go with the flow. :bigthumb: