Alternative to buying compressed air canister from store?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by HOTWAX, Dec 14, 2009.

1. HOTWAX

HOTWAX New Member

Is there a machine out there that can use electricity and is similar to the air pumps at the gas station/mechanics shop? I know there must be something better than buying disposable air cans. Any network admins/IT guys on here that know of a better solution?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I have a refillable tool that uses CO2 cartridges similar to the ones in BB guns. It workds great because it worked out to cost a lot less in the long run. My Dad took a different route, but he uses a 55 gallon air compressor... Effective, but not cost effective for what you are looking for.

3. HOTWAX

HOTWAX New Member

Thanks for the reply but I was actually looking for something that uses air rather than having to refill a can or the can itself.

I actually found something good by doing a web search, but I'm taking a closer look at whether this thing can actually blast the dust bunnies off the case.

Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

You can buy just a 5 or 10g air tank that you'd need to take to a gas station to refill, but that's a 1 time purchase. You'd need to get the hose and gun, but once that's bought, then it's just filling the tank at the gas station.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Get one of those tire inflator kits that lots of cars come with nowadays, and hook it up to a small air tank. Compress the air in the tank, then hook up a spray head and dust away.