Alternative I Am Legend ending!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by striderex, Mar 19, 2008.

1. striderex

striderex New Member

2. k1d.

k1d. New Member

nice find

3. striderex

striderex New Member

they should have used this in theatre instead

4. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

They only put it in because they think they can make more money from a sequel

5. Quarantine

Quarantine Active Member

Watched this version on the dvd last night. I liked this version a lot more.

6. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I thought it sucked. It was too happy and typical of Hollywood. I just watched it for the first time tonight and then watched the 2nd ending. Neville's character stated that the infected have lost all human traits, which was seen during the entire movie...until the alternate ending. Now, all of a sudden they have human traits and show emotion at the end? :ugh2: I didn't really like the original ending, that much...but thought it was better than the alternate. The colony safe colony at the end was a bit too Hollywood....but I dunno. The more I think about...the more I'm unsure. Mabye I'll have to watch both again.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  7. striderex

striderex New Member

well the alternative has more of a emotional impact than the original which makes it seem so much better even if it doesnt make sense

8. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Doesn't save this movie. It was still a poor movie overall. 5/10 at best. The theatrical ending was probably one of the worst movie endings ever.

9. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

the alt ending basically says that he was wrong about them. they do have human traits still and a sense of community with a leader. the girl he captured is the leaders wife/girlfriend/whatever and thats why hes pissed at neville and come after him.

10. RedDevil

RedDevil Active Member

I thought the alt ending was better then the movie one, would have made more sense since they're already talking sequel.

11. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

That was far better than the theater version. I dont know what would possess them to choose that over this one.

12. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

while it was a great concept, the book was too damn boring i thought. i prefer the movie with either ending to the book way more

13. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

the book ending was so much better

14. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

the ending was fine, but the rest of the book was damn boring

15. Deckard

Deckard New Member

Agreed. From the middle of the second act onwards, it got progressively worse.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. I was all pumped to see this ending, even more so after all your "it's so much better" comments.

The original ending in theaters was ridiuclous enough...but that alternate ending was fucking garbage. I don't care if it sticks truer to the book or shows that the "vampires" have more human qualities...Total bullshit. I just wasted 8 minutes.

17. THoC

THoC New Member

the movie does hint that they have some human traits and that he is wrong about them.

in the movie they trick him w. the manaquine (sp?), and it is also obvious when he initially captures the female vampire that the lead vampire has some sort of feelings for her.

i explained this to the people i saw the movie w. and they thoughts i was an idiot for thinking that she was the lead vamp's gf.... guess they were wrong.

18. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

MUCH fuckin better ending. I actually thought something along the lines of this would be what was going to happen. They were hinting at some higher level communication between the monsters and that the main one had some kind of motivation for his hatred of Nevelle. And the author struck it on the head when he said it was chilling when nevelle walked next to the monsters. As far as I know, this is the movies ending I want.

19. Golda Meir

Golda Meir New Member

20. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

spoilers below,,,,obviously

that ending blows. if he told me to open that door i'd have told him to fuck himself and so would she. that entire thing was fucking gay. i loved the fact that they killed him off in the ending they used, this ending is fucking stupid - oh here's your girlfriend mr infected guy oh now yall gonna leave and not eat me, cool thanks have a nice day, i'm gonna go drive off to the countryside now yay, GAY

21. Shampoo

Shampoo Rinse & Repost

Too happy of an ending, which was worse than the original.

22. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

i haven't read the book and the guys brief explanation as to why he was "legendary," was a bit different than what i thinking.

I liked the theatrical ending because to me for someone to become legendary, death is almost a prerequisite. Otherwise one can't reach that sort of status.

I dunno my explanation makes more sense in my head. Wonder if anyone else understood what i was trying to say?!?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  23. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I don't like the alternate ending either too soft, but Will Smith dying dang that's just wrong , can't believe he agreed to that scene.

I was more like, throw the grenade, then both hide in that small bunker,everything going kaboom, and then both head out to save humanity.

Its interesting to see how they didn't like the ending script tho, what a suprise this movie gave by blowing up their main character.

24. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Alternate ending sucks, the original ending sucked. The movie sucked in general except for the first 30-40 minutes. They should've just stayed true to the book and the title "I Am Legend" would've had more meaning then.

25. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Couple of things
    1. That lead zombie dude has a wicked hard head.
    2. Eww , Zombie girlfriend
    3. I thought the original ending was more intense but the alternate finished the movie better.

Thanks for posting, I rented the DVD and then forgot to watch the AE.