Altec Lansing XT1 USB speakers not working after 10.5.4/10.5.5 updates V. Help prease

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ghostrider4450, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

I am having no luck trying to get a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers to work with my computer right now. after I installed 10.5.4 it started happening. I then updated to 10.5.5 when it was released: no dice. Now when I plug them in it either shows up as UAC3556B, or it works for a microsecond before cutting out. As a side note, the little blue LED that indicates power stay on without fading or cutting out when the speakrs do.

I have a C1D 2.16GHz Macbook Pro running Leopard (obviously) and the latest updates. As far as I know these USB speakers are plug and play with no drivers nessisary (as is the case with 99.9% of USB speakers)

They are these speakers:

[​IMG]

Also, after doing numerous searches with all combinations of UAC3556B, XT1, speakers and Altec Lansing, I found out that the UAC part/number is this little guy:

[​IMG]

Some kind of microcontroller, probably related to the USB interface. :dunno:

This shit is really fucking annoying though. Anyone have any ideas? Im really thinking it has to do with the recent system "patches." :mad:

2. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Also, I have a 2x eSATA ExpressCard that has two external eSATA enclosures on it. This stopped working (the ExpressCard) right after the updates as well. Again, just like the speakers, it shows up as being recognized, but has NO LED light activity (it has two, one for each port) and will not mount the dirves. Both of which connect with FW400.

:madfawk: :mad: :o :wtc:

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Were you the one with the off brand ExpressCard? I know driver support for eSATA cards has been pretty shitty even with the ones specifically made for the Mac.