SRS Alright, this just ticked me off...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Atlantic, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

I was just outside of my apartment building in college sitting on a bench getting some fresh air, and I notice this gorgeous girl pacing back and forth along the sidewalk talking on the phone and seemed pretty emotional. I'm just sitting there minding my own business and all of a sudden she starts yelling at her boyfriend on the phone and it went on for a few minutes and she ended up swearing at him, calling him a cheating bastard, and hanging up the phone. One of her friends comes out of the building a couple seconds later and starts consoling her as she began to cry and she yells out "WHY CAN'T I EVER FIND ANY NICE GUYS, DO THEY EVEN EXIST ANYMORE?!". Im sitting there and I begin to get angry and laugh at such an idiotic statement since im always told Im TOO NICE when it comes to girls by my friends and even some girls themselves. It's amazing that they don't realize dating the same rich, buff, tan, preppy guys always turns out the same, and nice guys like me get nothing. Will they ever learn?

/rant

2. kamikaze

kamikaze Active Member

rape and spit
    take pics for OT
    ?????
    Profit.

EDIT: oops, just realized this isn't the main forum...damn RSS feed :o

BTW, i feel your pain, nice guys truly finish last.

3. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

You're absolutely right, but you may also be looking at it from a one-dimensional point of view as well. The only women that I find are like that, are the ones classified as 9 or above. They're always emotional, always looking for the quick fix emotions wise, and are always getting burned, over, and over until they lower their standards a bit and go after the average looking guy with the good prospects.

Same goes true for guys as well. You'll notice that the great looking guys with rich parents or those that have everything handed to them will always end up either getting burned by cheating women, or will themselves cheat because they are so shallow emotionally and mentally.

Look around for the girls who are fun to be around, who you can actually connect with on an emotional level, not just physical attraction, and who doesn't have the mental and emotional depth of a kiddie pool.

4. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

:rofl:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I totally would've mentioned something when she walked back in past me.

6. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

Yeah, she definitely was a 9 or 10... but there are girls that can be both a 9 or above and emotionally-sound/not superficial, although it's becoming more and more rare.

7. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Read my mind.

That would have made for a great conversation.

Might of even gotten laid.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You do realize she just had an intense emotional falling out and was just reacting. People say absurd things when upset.

Actually, it's "Will you" ever learn. The problem isn't women, I can assure you. If you think you're a victim, I've got some bad news for you, reality doesn't care.

You get what you earn. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got. Her generalized comment made in anger and hurt is no different than yours made here in frustration.

9. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

Right... except for that whole naive part. I'm well aware I need to change in order to get different results, while she obviously doesn't.

oh, I'm originally from Springfield, by the way :wavey:

10. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

She'll have to change too. Obviously she's attracted someone who cheated on her. Most of the time that's how it works.

Oh, well you're fortunate to no longer be here. :)

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Then why did you make a thread whining about it? :hsugh: You know you aren't this wonderful nice guy that you think you are so why does it matter what she said? You are probably the typical guy that claims to be a "nice guy", a boring doormat. Worry about changing yourself and not what some hot chick says.

12. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Oh, great, a Nice Guy. :rolleyes:

13. Atlantic

Atlantic New Member

should've known some girls would come in here supporting the girl and bashing me :rofl:

14. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

Then you're not really one of those that are being nice, you are one of those that smothers a woman with attention and compliments and tries to buy a woman.

15. Hellcat

Hellcat New Member

if you're being told you're too nice by girls, that's a bad sign.

too nice can mean a number of things, ranging from behavior they find creepy/inappropriate (like buying them random gifts) to "i'll use you as an emotional support post and stay with my SO"

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I wouldn't say there are lots of nice guys out there. There are a lot of guys who would do anything for a hot girl in order to get close to her and then hopefully fuck her.

Being really nice to girls prior to sexing them doesn't make you nice.

It's how you treat people you don't need anything from that determines how nice you are.

Something like that anyway.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No one's bashing you. I just find it funny because so many guys play the "nice guys finish last :wtc:" shit, which cracks me up because there's a difference between a nice guy with a life...and a nice guy who is way too dependent.

My SO is a "nice guy." But he's not clingy, he has his own life outside of me. I believe you that there are those hot girls that are in denial and always pick a total douchebag who is going to burn them in some way, and then cry a bout it later....but if anything the "nice guy" should realize looks aren't everything. I've known a lot of "nice guys" who passed up amazing great girls just because they weren't 9's. So yeah.

18. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Whens the last time you've even walked up and started to shoot the shit with a 9/10-10/10 outside of a bar setting?

19. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's true. I don't do anything unless it's in my own best interest, I'm not nice or not and never considered myself to be. People (women too -- well all know they're not people) have called me everything from a dickhead to an asshole, to a nice guy.

It all depends who is benefiting as a side effect from my self interest. :o

I kid, women are people, but the rest is true. :eek3:

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

God damn, dude, this is the first thing I've read by you in a LONNNG time that actually makes damn good sense. :rofl: :bowdown:

Well fucking put.

To the threadstarter...

The trouble with girls is that they can't help what they are attracted to. Women want a confident guy, but the trouble is that they see confidence in these huge jerks. The "nice guy" they are wanting just doesn't have the confidence and the attitude that is attractive to them.

To compare, I would say take a look at girls. The girls you find most attractive are the hot 9's and 10's but the truth is, the 9's and 10's are usually the biggest wastes of life there are. The ugly/fat girl who doesn't catch your eye is probably the absolute perfect girl for you and you'd have a blast with her more than likely, but the fact is you just aren't attracted to her physically. And no matter how great that ugly/fat girl is, if you aren't attracted to her you aren't attracted to her. You can't FORCE yourself to be attracted to someone you are not, no matter how hard you try.

It's the same thing here. The perfect guy for girls are the least attractive because they do not usually possess the qualities that attract her to them.

You want to be the "perfect" guy? Learn how to be extremely confident in yourself and still not be a jerk/dick.

21. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I'm not supporting her. We just bash you because we've seen guys whine about the "nice guy" thing hundreds of times before. I also agree with what the others said about you only caring because she was hot. The guy version of the "nice guy/asshole" thing is only going after the hottest chicks, letting them treat you like shit just so you can say you have a hot gf, and then whining later about how "all women are whores".

22. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Your post made me think of this from craigslist best-of.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Attractive people, everything else being equal, have happier lives and are treated better. This makes them better people. On average.

There is also a positive correlation between looks and intelligence. According to the Economist, I believe.

24. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

So, according to the Economist, Steven Hawking is an idiot.

25. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Not quite. A positive correlation doesn't dismiss the former, that a less attractive person won't be intelligent. :hs: