Alright, i guess this belongs here. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dnepr, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

So i got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Havent taken any pain killers or anything like that. Just some anti-biotics given by the doc.

Any advice on speeding up the heal time? Im just getting sick of taste of blood.

:x: :x:

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Keep it clean! My doc gave me a giant syringe to flush out the wound.. Use it if you got one and if not go out and buy one. It was a big plastic one with a curve tip. You'd be surprised by the amount of shit that gets in there. Take your pills, keep the wounds clean, and enjoy the ride.

3. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Yeah enjoy the ride.

I was told to drink water constantly to keep wound clean, ill look into the syringe :cool:

4. tetaplum

tetaplum OT Supporter

a syringe is the way to go....id say it took me like a month for me to fully recover but my mouth was pretty fucked up.....gl

5. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

i don't know, i got dry socket so i obviously can't give any good advice, i just hope you don't get that, ouch. If pain keeps going and gets worse you probably have dry socket and need to go back in

6. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

DO NOT EAT THE FOODS THEY TELL YOU NOT TO EAT! Also, if you're having a protein shake i would reccommend taking off the shaker top because sucking it through the opening is kind of like drinking through a straw (which is forbidden because it puts pressure on the blood clot or something). After getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled i came home and ate some spaghetti with meatsauce, drank from straws, etc. I ended up having a bilateral dry socket which had to be packed 3 or 4 times because the stuff kept falling out (so i smelled like cloves for practically 2 weeks)

7. {WBK}Blood_Lust

shit, i used a straw, is that what gave me the damn dry socket......damn doctor didn't say a damn thing about it, the stupid bastard.....i'm actually pretty mad now and it's been years since i had it.

8. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Take the painkillers, they usually prescribe good stuff.

And yeah make sure whatever you do don't drink anything using a straw.

9. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

They said not to use the straw.

I just use a mixer to blend it all together and just put more milk into it so i can just drink it carefully.

10. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Hmn I hate painkillers. If the pain gets tough enough that I cant work, I guess ill have to take some.

What types do you reccomend? He perscribed Vicodin, is that good?

11. {WBK}Blood_Lust

hydroco is the generic and it's ok, won't mess you up like some others, it's pretty mild as pain killers go.

percocet is a better painkiller IMO but if you aren't a fan of the feeling of being on pain killers i'd stick witht the hydrocodone or vicodin

12. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

reading comprehension...

13. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I was agreeing :slap:

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

rinse with saltwater. and yeah clean the holes every night.

15. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

rinsing, gotcha!

How to cleans the wholes though? He put stiches in so there are no evident wholes to say.

I took alook at them today, they look pretty good. One side of jaw is totally normal without any inflamation and the other side feels like i've been hit with a jackhammer.

Applied ice to both equally, weird. Gonna go rinse with sodium.

16. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I had stiches but I still flushed out the wounds cause stuff did get in there. I also got hydrocodone and it was good even though it doesn't give you that "floaty" feeling other pain killers might give you it does get rid of almost all pain and relaxes you a bit. Definately not the "high" feeling people get with perco's. If you are unsure of anything though definately call up the doc's office. 5 minutes on the phone is better than 3 months of pain cause of an infection or other complications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.