MIL Alright guys workin on a paper

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rodthrower18, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I need to call upon the power of the barracks!! My topic is "Divorce rates in the military" im not tryin to do a "Who's fault is it kind of paper(id love to but its not part of my assignment....THIS time). Mainly trying to get different viewpoints and compile them for later papers(we have to stick on the same fuckin subject for the whole semester). So i know its a touchy subject but id much rather get some of this shit from the horses mouth than some shitty website full of stats made up by a achne faced 30 yr old that couldnt cut it.

edit: so basically say what you want to say about the subj no holds barred but plz everyone dont stick with "It fucking sux"

2. BajaDak

BajaDak If you have poo......fling it now

Been married for over 5 years now, 6 come february. It really hasn't been hard for me, but I'm not the one who has to stay home while I'm away. It goes without saying, if you met your wife out bumping at the club and you get married "for the money" or 2 weeks before you deploy, chances are its not gonna work. If you've married a good woman, you have nothing to worry about.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Military marriages face all of the typical stress that other married couples face, with months or years of forced seperation tossed in to the mix.

The deployed spouse will frequently think "I'm over here enduring hardship and danger on a daily basis while she's back home fucking around on me".

The at-home spouse will frequently think "I'm dealing with all the bullshit and the daily grind while he gets all the hero worship and 'deployment sex'. And besides, what he doesn't know about won't hurt him."

4. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Honestly its that last part of your post the worries me personally Ranger, I have real fuckng trust issues and don't want to deal with the shit of bein cheated on anymore. Then theres the splittin ur shit and a ton of shit i dont EVEN know about... like kids, ive seen a lot of friend go through it but since I havent i need u guys to keep fillin me in on this shit, for my sake AND my paper's.

5. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Come on bitches post, no need for private stuff but i need opinions!!!

edit: tryin to get this done whilst doin an astro lab thats due in an hr blows donkey chode!!!

edit2: thought u guys might like to know that i just FUCKED UP my lab report IN PEN no less MOTHERFUCKER!!!! :rl: THIS blows donkey chode x5!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  6. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

What kind of paper are you writing? Analytical? Argumentative? How long does it have to be? What's your thesis statement?

7. Nixstress

From what I have been told a big issue with wives is that when the husband is deployed the wives are in charge of the household, become independent, and make all the daily decisions/control everything. When the husband comes home on leave/redeploys he is wanting to just get back to normal as soon as possible and pick up where he left off. Some wives have difficulty with letting everything go and going back to normal. They may even feel as if the husband is intruding and is just trying to take over what they have been forced to accomplish while he is away.

For this reason I believe that people really need to have a sense of who they are as an individual and couple have to have good communication. People need to talk about what they are thinking feeling together because humans aren't mind readers. New wives aren't going to understand nor will they know what to expect when they go through their first deployments and with what I mentioned above, that can really cause problems in a relationship. Wives, new wives especially, need to prepare more prior to their husbands redeployment, be it emotionally or mentally.

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

9+ years of marriage, 6 of them on active duty, and haven't thought about divorce. 99% of marriages in the military fail for 3 reason in my opinion, finances, lengthy separations, and children. This is the normal reasons for divorce in civilians, but I believe it is maginified greatly by the fact that spouses are away from family members. When the relationship hits a rough spot there is no support system thus making it harder to overcome what would normally be a minor issue.

10. Nixstress

I agree and would also like to add that people in the military tend to rush into marriage moreso than their civilian counterparts. This is especially the case prior to deployments and when stationed overseas.

While in Germany I saw many a young military men, their first time away from home, rush into marriage with fraulines. I also dealt with alot of young, newly married teenage girls who married their boyfriend and moved off to another country, away from family/friends and into a lifestyle they simply weren't prepared for.

11. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Thx for all the input folks, just got out of my last class. It's an exploratory that will lead into a Toulmin argument in a week or so. It needs to be at least 3 pages, so it's not hard per se I just wanted real world experiences to add into it more than just some article on mil.com or watever. Thx again everyone your opinions, experiences, and assistance are all greatly appreciated.
    :bigthumb:

12. Ranger-AO

:werd:

Military types tend to jump into marriage at major points in their life: Enlistment, PCS, Deployment, etc. I think it has something to do with the soldier subconciously wanting to hang on to something he knows or that is comforting or reassuring. I call it the "When In Doubt, Hang On To The Cooter" complex. :hsugh:

13. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Much like a security blanket that you can stick your dick in without VD.

14. Ranger-AO

among other things :yum:

15. Ranger-AO

:werd: But we can't all be as smart and concise as me. :fawk:

16. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

:rofl: u ppls is da crazziest