Alright guys, need your help..

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by weakone, Sep 25, 2005.

1. weakone

weakone New Member

My boyfriend expressed desire to have racing seats in his Kensington Grey 92 Galant VR-4.. So.. I started looking and pricing them, and I really like this one:

[​IMG]

I know very little about cars except from what I've read up on to help him and such.. So my question is, how will just one look in the car for now? I mean, I'd work on getting at least another one for the passenger side, but at 350 for each, I couldn't do it right now. I'm shooting for around Christmastime for that one, but I want your opinions. Help a girl out. :)

2. Mikel

Mikel .

He'll look like a homo ricer. Duh.

3. weakone

weakone New Member

Why would he look like a homo ricer? :hsugh:

4. ecofire

ecofire Member

You should look for something that reclines, because sitting in the same position all the time will get really old, especially on a long trip.

5. weakone

weakone New Member

That's the thing, he suffered a really bad back injury and the bottom half of his back doesn't bend, so he drives pretty straight up and never reclines in that car. So I dunno if reclining matters or not.

6. atomic punk

atomic punk pretty hate machine

one racing seat ftl :o

7. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

check out Corbeau.

8. NEGROTIATOR

NEGROTIATOR New Member

i would rather have 2 cheaper seats from a decent brand than 1 seat from a well known brand that makes me look like an ass

9. Ovi

Ovi New Member

Hmm with that back injury, i would recommend looking at some of the Recaro lines, they are more comfortable but still on the racing side then Momo and Sparco.

10. skud_dusty

skud_dusty New Member

Be careful if you're doing internet shopping for seats. I lost a friend in a carwreck (he was t-boned) when his "racing" seat didn't hold up like it should have. Alot of cheap knockoff brands don't have the same kind of safety standards as name brand companies.

11. Ovi

Ovi New Member

Momo is not a cheap knockoff brand, not even close ... they are officialy approved and they pass all safety measures ..... you can trust 100% Sparco/Momo/Recaro ...

12. Imagine

Imagine New Member

You would be wise to find a shop that carries them and have him test fit the seats. Some of these seats are very narrow which can make for a tighter fit for anyone with any size to them.

Also, if he suffers from back problems a one piece seat may kill his back. The ergos in a lot of those seats aren't the greatest. Since they aren't really designed for longer trips (especially the one piece). Again, a test fit is highly recommended.

13. weakone

weakone New Member

Yeah, I was checking out some Corbeau's and they're nice and a lot more money-wise. :) Do you know by any chance how much it may cost to have the brackets put in the car to fit one of the seats?

14. GTSlow

GTSlow New Member

You need to sit in a wide variety of seats before you purchase them. Personally I like Recaro reclining buckets. I have sat in Bride, Sparco, Momo, and Corbeau. Many models. Recaro was the most comfortable and still held well.

15. skud_dusty

skud_dusty New Member

I'm not saying Momo is a bad brand, I'm saying beware of the companies that sell these seats. Sometimes they take an inferior seat, and put another manufacturer's label on it

16. atomic punk

atomic punk pretty hate machine

corbeau makes a ton of brackets to fit individual applications... places that sell their seats *should* have a listing for them.