Alright guys, lets see if you can help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by trez157, Oct 15, 2005.

1. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

I did the clutch cable on my zx600d, but, the part it attaches to is giving me issues

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0185/clutch/clutch.cfm?man=ka&groupid=13150&parent=12990

If you look there, part 13102 is where the cable attaches to, but its not giving my cable any tension. I tried removing it and reinstalling it, but I get no tension out of it whatsoever. If that makes any sense, basically, the cable attaches to that part and is in the out position, then, when i pull the lever, that part will enable me to shift gears. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I tried putting it in a few different ways but it seems like it only goes in one way, any ideas?

2. V!

V! New Member

Did you change the routing of the clutch cable?

3. trez157

No, as far as I and my friend can tell, the cable is routed perfectly. The problem is that the clutch rod is not holding back any tension, in other words, if I press on the clutch, it wont release back out. So we are stuck at this juncture.

4. trez157

I fixed it!!! I changed out that part, retorqued the clutch springs, and she seems set so far. We'll see what other issued the bitch has though.