GUN Alright, going to apply for Class A LTC today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by joed1228, Apr 27, 2009.

1. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

You guys/girls probably remember my post with the many things I had to do so I could apply for a Class A LTC in MA.

They want to give me a Class A LTC with the restriction of "target/hunting" so I can only carry the pistol on me if I'm going to the range. My reason for the unrestricted Class A LTC is I work in Boston, overnight, carry around lots of expensive equipment and I often have to use loading docks at 1:00 AM in the dark or a garage where my cell doesnt work. We'll see, worst case is I get the Class A LTC with the restriction, no big deal for now until the next time I re-new. I think the cop wants me to have the license for a year or two to prove to them I can be responsible. I think it's silly but in MA it's a different mindset so I'll meet them half way (like I have a choice :mamoru:)

So this is what I have ready for them:

Original birth cert
    NRA/Massachusetts approved safety course
    Mortgage statement
    Tax bill for 2008
    Two utility bills
    Two letters of reference
    Letter of jutification
    100.00 cash/check

They may want to ask me questions and interview me. They say it can take 6 - 8 weeks to get the final answer on what your approved for if anything but a buddy who lives down the street said it took him two weeks. He asked the cops for the unrestricted license and they told him "sure, fill out the form and we'll see but beware it will take longer". I want to buy an AR 15 and a handgun at the same time so an extra few days wont kill me, I need some cash.

2. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

lol @ MA

3. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

Good luck.

4. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Your response is one of the reasons why I put these up :mamoru:

In 34 years I'll let you know if I got the license and 10 years from that I'll pay 2,500.00 for a MA approved pistol that you pay 300.00 for. I dont care what it takes I want my toys.

Luck? Give me a Holy Father and a few Hail Mary's.

5. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Those wacky liberal states and their strict guns laws and high crime.

6. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

The instructor was really cool, he is in charge of handing out licenses in his town and he was more down to earth than others and spoke common sense. Not every police department in MA is bad, some are very liberal (SOME).

He was saying how the strict lays apply to someone working in a bank or a engineer who got into a fist fight once in their life when they were young and dumb and now for life they are banned from ever owning a firearm. The drug dealers and gang bangers dont even know what the laws are, they just buy guns whenever they want them. The people who make the laws cant stop the bone heads from getting guns so maybe in some far off distant place in their head they think if they ban guns the bone heads will slowly get rid of them? I dont know, I'm not sure. Alot of people in MA are confused by the laws.

It's common sense to everyone else in the country, I'm repeating what everyone else has said over 100 times so I'll just stop.

7. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Uh, the crime is caused by states which have lax gun laws and they do straw purchases so the criminals can get guns anywhere.

8. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

straw purchases don't cause crime in the states it only causes crime in Mexico where all the guns are sent.

9. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:doh: