Alpine Type-R 10's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jesterkiller00, Dec 17, 2003.

1. This christmas my parents are gonna get me a system for my truck. I have a 1998 Ford Ranger regular cab and was wondering if two Type-R 10's would be good in it... if anyone has other suggestions im open to them... i still have not decided exactly on what i want.

2. 04

04 Guest

Are you mainly going for sound quality or high output? What kind of enclosure are you going to put the subwoofers in? Also, what amplifier will you be using?

3. umm... the enclosure will be a ported box prolly and im not sure the amp yet... what amp do you suggest to push the subs? and i would prefer high output if possible... but a sub with good sound quality and a good high output would be great

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

crazy as it sounds, i prefer the type-s's over the type-r's.

5. does anyone have any choices of what to put in a regular cab Ranger though? i need some opinions of what would be good in there

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

alpines are too deep to fit in a reg cab

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

depends on the truck...and i prefer the type r's....other ones to look into would be image dynamics subs, some of those are pretty shallow...i'd get the id v.3s or the idq v.2s .... they'll be around the same price ... will be more suited to porting than will the alpines

8. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

nothing a saw zall wont fix

9. how about two Kicker CVR-10's? my friend said those would be good in there and they will fit