Alpine IVA-D300 Testing before putting into car... need help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brds, Jul 31, 2006.

1. brds

brds OT Supporter

Hey guys,
    I bought an alpine iva-d300 indash flip-out monitor on ebay about 2 weeks ago. I received it late last week and tried to have it installed on saturday. The guys who were installing it called me and said it was broken. They said that the monitor didn't display anything, but other then that, it was fully functional. I totally believe them that the unit didn't work for them (i've been dealing with them for over 5 years and never once had a problem with them). When i went to pick my car up, i asked if i could see the unit not function... they said that they had already uninstalled what little work they had done, and reinstalled my cd player.

I was wondering how to set up the iva-d300 in my living room (or any room) so that i can test it. I've seen pics on ebay where people set them up on their beds or where ever to show their functionality. Any help would be appreciated.

::Cliff Notes:: - How do i set up an alpine unit in my house to test it?

Thanks,
    brds

2. brds

brds OT Supporter

Nobody?

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

red and yellow to 12v+, black to ground. there are 2 yellow wires with stripes, one is black the other is blue, these go to . these control the screen. one of them has to be grounded (parking brake wire); however there is a sequence to it. The wire has to pulse ground, then see a constant ground. The other wire goes to a 12v+ input. This wire needs to see 12v while you pulse then ground the other wire; then you can release it.

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

When you say didn't work, do you mean that it only works when a movie is not being played or doesnt work at all with cd, radio, etc. You shouldnt have to ground the screen wires just to play cds and view the info. However its been awhile since I installed a newer alpine deck.