Alpine iDA-X300 -- thoughts?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by El Beaner, Jan 8, 2008.

1. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this. I am very intrigued. I like the USB port(I know others have this already)

Alpine list at $200 for the unit so that means crutchfield and BB will most likely have it for $20-$30 less.

I could easily get this, pick up a 30-60 gb ipod or mini usb HD and store all my music on it(probably will go with a mini HD cause ipod batteries are touchy)

The only thing I do not like is that bluetooth is not built in(f'n $200 adapter to get BT)

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X300&lang=en&tab=F

[​IMG]

2. Mr Jeffrey

Mr Jeffrey New Member

I just go put the iDA-X100 in my car and I love it! I only use it for my ipod and it works great.

I see in the picture that they finally made the big button the enter button instead of having it off to the left. Does that one have a color display?

I have also heard mixed opinions on the BT adapter. My guess is that people just arent putting the microphones in the right place hence the echos. If you buy the BT adapter let me know how it works out.

3. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

no no color screen. this one has no CD capability(this is why I want it since all my music in on my HD and I can rig a 250 gig HD to this.

4. Rob H

Rob H New Member

i have no problems at all with echo with the IDAX001 and KCE300BT in my car. The thing we see the most at my shop when customers come in with echo problems on BT kits we didn't install is improper placement of the mic.

I love the IDAX BTW, best ipod interface i have ever used on a radio and the LCD screen is :cool:

5. Rob H

Rob H New Member

shitty button layout ftl. Get the IDAX001 while you still can most places have it for $299.99 now, $100 less then before.

6. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

It looks like you can choose illumintation color on the X001 and X100

If I do decide to go with another unit i will go with the IDA X100 (all the features of the X001 but also adds full speed Ipod control(with cable),has Itunes tagging with HD radio, and USB mass storage device ready and is $50 MSRP less.)