Alpine 9827 problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SupraTFassa, Dec 28, 2004.

1. SupraTFassa

SupraTFassa New Member

I installed my 9827 today and the radio works great, but no matter what the CD player will seem to read the CD, act like it is going to play it, but no sounds. Any ideas?

Also, already brought the first one back, second one does the exact same thing.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

do you have external amps for all the speakers, if so do you have the wrong remote turn on hooked up???

3. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

if his radio works it isn't his amp or speakers, i think they gave you the same one back, go switch it again

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

if the radio puts out sound... and he depends on external amps only, and the cd part does not put out sound... then he probably has it hooked to the power antenna wire, not the remote turn on.... so yes my question is valid to try and troubleshoot his isue... i see it often actually from DIYers.

5. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

i see what your saying now, so SupraTFassa are your speakers run off amps or hu power?

6. sfam198

sfam198 John Petrucci Is God

sorry to hijack your thread, but i'm also having a problem with the 9827 reading cd's. mp3 cd's and normal store-bought cd's work great, but whenever i try to play a cd that i have burned, it just says "error" on the screen and will not play it. this has happened with every single burned cd that i have. like i said, all other cd's play great. i am finalizing the disc when i burn it and i have tried using a couple different programs as well (nero, alcohol 120% and winamp). my cd's still do not work.