SRS Alone for the Holidays Crew?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Deadhead9150, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Wondering if I'm the only one.:hs: What do you do to feel better about it? I've been on and off for a while now but this is the first Christmas where I'm actually not doing anything.(no tree, no family or friends to hang with no gifts) and was wondering if there's anyone who's done this before. Overall I've been feeling pretty miserable about it because even though Christmas hasn't always been the greatest it was always sort of happy and sad at the same time but this year just seems much worse. I've been sitting here playing Christmas carols on my piano and I think it's just making me feel worse.:wtc: It doesn't help that I can't even leave my apartment without seeing happy people shopping and people decorating their homes and apartments and carolers and all the stuff that people normally associate with the holidays just reminding me that I have none of that. :sadwavey:

2. [lolz]

[lolz] OT Supporter

I'll be with my rents and away from my girlfriend if that means anything. I'll be wondering about her every second of the day. :(

3. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

You'll be spending it with your family though so hopefully you like them.:mamoru: Is she spending it alone or with her family?

4. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

Dude that doesn't count.... during thanksgiving one of my parents friends called the house and made the comment of me being alone. I told her "no" and that I'm here with my brothers and sisters.. and then she said "no I mean your alone, alone" as in I have no GF since everyone else in the family has a significant other. It made me all :hs:

To the OP, how come you aren't spending Christmas with the family??

5. Saluki

Saluki New Member

How about helping out at a homeless shelter? They've got it pretty rough, it would get you out of your place and hopefully helping others would make you feel a little better.

6. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I've been really thinking about this actually.

7. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I don't really have one. Suffice to say the relationships were extremely harmful to me emotionally and I finally decided it was time to end them for my own sanity and happiness but that doesn't make it any less lonely.

8. jj1814

jj1814 New Member

I'm pretty depressed this holiday season.

My girlfriend of 1.5 years and her son left me in September (on my birthday), and moved in with a guy days later. They got married last weekend.....

The holidays suck. I looked into volunteering, but all their slots are filled. All of my family is in Mississippi.

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I'm alone right now, and I wish I were alone tomorrow. It's better to be alone than in the company of people you can't stand.

10. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

My family never really did the Christmas thing, and since I live about 100 miles away from them, it makes no sense in going to visit them on that day since it'll be just some ordinary day. I've been alone around the holidays most years.

11. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

My folks went to Thailand so I'm just hanging out with my brother and a few friends. Could be worse, but I was kinda hoping to have a regular Christmas with all the trimmings since I'm actually in town this year. :o

My friends are always asking me shit like that. I just :hsughno: and then :mad: :uh: later on. They usually bring it up with a lot less tact too... I guess my lack of experience gives them SOMETHING to hold over me. :hsugh:

That's rank as hell.

12. skierd

skierd Member

Just me and the hound tonight, watching Its a Wonderful Life and wishing it was.

13. slimjim

slimjim New Member

I think we feel too much pressure from society to spend/experience Christmas a certain way, from all the commercials, movies, music, etc. I don't like feeling forced to feel a certain way, which is probably why I'm not much of a Christmas fan.

14. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

They're out to get you, man.

15. signal

signal New Member

You should all be lucky your not stuck in Iraq. This Christmas morning I was praying while rockets hit mere blocks away. One soldier was killed.

16. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

That's awful. When did you enlist?