MIL Almost joined the military, then decided I didn’t want to be OWNED.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Coffee Meat, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coffee Meat

Coffee Meat Guest

By writing this thread, I’m in no way trying to diss any American Solider. I just can’t get over the fact that people in the military don’t have the same freedoms civilians have. In fact, our soldiers are practically powerless to decide their own views, decisions, and fate.

It saddens me when I hear that American soldiers in Iraq are not allowed to talk about what’s “really going on.” What do we have to hide? I mean really. How is it ethically fair to restrain the knowledge and experiences from a soldier- to the country he’s fighting for?

The truth is obvious, a soldier’s blog or post on a message board WILL NEVER BE ANY KIND OF THREAT WHATSOEVER to the United States Government. But our government uses “the idea of a possible threat” to silence our soldier’s.

In other words:

“If you’re in the military, YOU NO LONGER HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.”

Remember the UCMJ. Members of the military (including Reservists and Guard) who post here do not enjoy the same rights as civilians. Remember that military types can be punished for things they say here that civilians wouldn't think twice about.

When I was about to join that military, I went into the Federal Building, passed all my physical examinations, and I was pretty much near the end, then I came to thinking, “What the hell am I doing? This isn’t me. I’m too much of an individual to become enslaved in an organization that shuns individuality.”

edit: removed bolding to diminish shouting effect. :fawk:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  2. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

So your owned by Micdonalds or Burger King

3. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

It takes a certain types of person to enter the military. For some its because they need a job, others its for the financial benefits, and for others (like myself) its about patriotism and honor. I recognize that not all people are cut out for the military, but I'm thankful that there are those of us who are.

That said, you'll have to get over it. Everyone in the military understands(or should) that there are different rules.

Troll?

4. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

lookin like it. i'll keep an eye on this thread. :wavey:

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Point made. There will be no need for you to post in Teh Barracks again.

/thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.