MMA *almost* had my first mma fight today...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mejnoon, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I went to a smoker at the Valley Fight Club in Hanford, CA (right next to Lemoore where they do most of the WEC shows). Started off with kickboxing, then grappling, then they had some mma fights. After the grappling was over the guys I was there with (my trainers and a couple of training partners) decided to leave. I wanted to stay to see a few of the mma fights. So like 15 minutes later they're about to start it off and the girl announcing the fights comes out and says "anybody want to step up for an under 145 fight?"

:eek3:

I want to do it sooo bad but decide it would be disrespectful to take it without talking to the guys who train me about it. So I call one of them. He tells me to find out who the opponent is and call him back. So I do, talk to the guy for a few minutes, explain to him that I want to take the fight but only with my trainers ok. I call rocky back. At this point he's at the other trainer's house (they were all going over there to watch the TUF finale). He says he and harper (other trainer) both think its a bad idea:wtc: I say ok, I'll take your advice, and tell the guy its a no go.

I had to leave because I didn't want to sit there and watch knowing I could fight if I wanted to. I got about half way home and pulled over, called Rocky again. He didn't even let me get started, "Chris, just get your ass over here and watch the fights.":wtc:

I kinda feel like I let a golden opportunity slip by. I really wanted to fight. But I have faith in my trainers, and I respect them a lot so I didn't want to go against their advice. I've got blue balls like a motherfucker though, I really wanted to fight:hs:

2. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Patience is a virtue.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Your trainers will know what's best for you 99% of the time

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Yeah you have to go with what your trainers tell you. They know when you're ready for a fight. I've seen too many novices get whooped and then make crazy excuses when the truth was that they simply weren't ready

5. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

damn, under 145.

6. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Yeah I'm a skinny bastard:wtc: 5'9" and ~135 right now, trying to bulk to ~150 but my diet sucks.