GUN Almost had a break in!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mizer, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Mizer

Mizer Who needs sleep!

Thought I would share my nights events with you all.

I went to bed last night around 12:15ish a.m. CT. Around 1:30am my Jack Russell starts growling (Rocky) he shuts up after about 10 seconds and when he does I hear my front door being messed with. I hear the knob being turned, almost as if they were just trying to push in the door.

I grabbed my gun (40 XD) and put on my glasses. When I go to get out of bed the dog jumps down and goes barreling down the hall and slams into the front door. (this is nothing that surprises me as this dog does it all the time when he hears someone coming in) Anyways he beat me to the door by about 5 seconds....just in time for me to look through the peephole and see somebody disappearing around the corner.

I had a nice adrenaline rush going but kept myself from going out the door. I stayed up till about 3am waiting to see if anyone was going to return but never saw anything else.

Anyways the morale of the story...Thank God for Guns and Dogs!:hsd:

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

Scary. You should report it to the cops.

I noticed a couple of shady characters cruising our neighborhood last night in a beat up van. Drove by the house 3 times while I was mowing the lawn, and saw them later while the wife and I were out for a walk. Made sure to get a good description of the van and passengers but couldn't get a plate. Made me nervous enough that I checked & re-checked all the doors & windows, and the ready state of my firearms before going to bed.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Open carry FTW!

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Well i did have a break in two nights ago. Not into my house, but into my Jeep. I locked it that night, and it was locked the next morning. Passenger window was rolled down about an inch. They took my 12"sub and my iPod. Left the Head unit alone, and i don't think they could even find my amp. I was pissed as hell. I thought* I lived in a decent neighborhood. I guess not.

I filed a report with the police and gave them the serial number off the iPod, the description of the sub, and all that other stuff. Thing is, he says "it was most likely juvenials and that you'll probably never see your stuff again", I asked if he wanted to print it, cause you could see them in the dust. He said it wasn't worth it. He also said that i was number three in a few blocks that got ripped off in just that night alone. I was out 500 bucks, but it definately changed my ideas about CCW, and home defense. I was borderline about if i really needed to carry in my town, as no serious crime happens. This little incident has changed my mind. When i turn 23 in two years, i will CCW whenever and whereever I can.

Teenagers out of school with nothing to do FTMFL

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

These are the people that we're supposed to call to protect us? I'll take my chances with a gun and the jury. I'm not saying that $500 is worth killing someone over but if they've got the balls to break into my property and steal my shit then it doesn't matter what they're taking or why they're there.

6. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

About 2 months back my gf was staying at a friends house. she had been drinking and wasnt able to drive so i told her to come home the next day.

i dont like being alone is my apartment because its still new to me and kinda creepy. i had my Sig on the nightstand, my ASP as well. about 2:30 am i hear my door open loudly, and im 100% sure that i locked both the bolt and the handle. so after hearing the door open im on my feet and sprinting to the door. i must have been at the front door in 4 steps.

now for whatever reason, i took the baton instead of the gun. thank god this was the case.i get to the living room and yell "WHAT THE FUCK" as i run toward the dark figure in front of me. well turns out its my girlfriend, she drove home drunk and didnt tell me. she screams and falls to the ground covering her head.

:eek3: thank god i ddnt take the sig

7. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

shit dude that sucks... i hate the thought of someone in my house uninvited!!! makes me furious!

on topic - my cousin's house was broken into a while ago, here in aus where no one but the criminals and cops have guns... he was woken up by the sound of his front door being banged, so he goes to investigate... when he gets into the hall he sees these 2 maori guys through the screen door, one has is arm through a hole near the floor, and he's reaching for a screw driver... so my cousin grabs a 4lb hammer that just happened to be around, and runs over and smashes this guys hand on the floor. they guy obviously pulls his hand back a runs away... after the cops arrive, he cop tells him that they found the guy in hospital with a fucked up hand, and not to worry THE CRIMINAL DOESNT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES... :hsugh:

8. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

:rofl::bowdown:

9. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

thats what they say here too, if you call, they wont even send someone out. all you can do is tell them what was stolen and then pick up a police report in 7-10 days.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

its just as bad here buddy.

11. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

A few months back we had someone try our door two days in a row. I wasn't home both times but my parents were. The third night my brother and I parked across the street in the neighbors driveway but no one ever showed up.

A little while after that my brother came home around 1:30 am, literally 3 minutes later his alarm goes off. We both ran to the door to see 4 teenagers running down the street. About three days later one of our neighbors found a gun in a storm drain, one they ran by. It was a makarov, loaded. Might have been unrelated, but we were both glad we one, had our guns when we ran to the door, and two, didn't run out and start a confrontation.

12. striker754

striker754 Chillin

only if you live in a shit state.