Alli - Great Pill or the Poops?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SurferDale, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurferDale

SurferDale New Member

Been reading up on the Alli Diet... places like the Alli Company Page, Alli corporate blog, and third party reviews like Alli Review. All seem pretty good.

But then I search youtube to see if I can find some "testimonials" and it's mostly goofball spinoffs of people taking dumps in their trousers and such from the side effects.

I have yet to talk to someone actually on the diet... anyone here?

2. gtpjim

gtpjim New Member

dont take that shit

3. SurferDale

SurferDale New Member

1) I don't even SEE a search button and it wasn't in the thread you mentioned
    2) Since I couldn't find true testimontials ANYwhere it was kind of assumed they wouldn't yet be here since I've been searching the internet for an hour

4. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

I don't think there's anything in the newbie sticky about Alli :greddy:

anways, i've only hear it gives you the shits.

5. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

i have read the side effects i would be scared to fart...and i usually fart ALOT!

-FDA approved- what does this mean for effectiveness?

6. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

Nothing,it is more marketing ploy than anything. But since it is a watered down version of a prescription diet aide, it was both necessary to get FDA approval for OVC sales and a niche way for Klaxo to market in a industry littered with "the next big supplement."

7. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Fuck that alli shit, I'd rather take DNP if I was desperate for a magic pill and didnt care about side effects.

8. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

just exercise, don't be so lazy

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Someone sticky this, so we don't have an influx of the same exact question every day for the next 6 months..

10. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

it's gonna happen, sticky or not... people still come in asking about nutrition even with NoQuarter's sticky (and even when andrew's sticky was up there)

11. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

ppl are lazy...
    unless they have a medical condition and they cant lose weight.

i shouldnt be talking haha its hard but its possible.

12. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

It's the perscription drug orlistat in an OTC package. It's actually one of the few "diet pills" that's actually shown any results in clinical trial in normal non-active fat asses. It works by inhibiting the lipase enzyme responsible for breaking down dietary fat. It does it's job, but inhibiting lipase is going to inhibit the breakdown of body fat as well (bodyfat and dietary fat are no different from one another). Because of this, I have a feeling this would end up pushing your body into a state of muscle breakdown.

But then again, it supposedly works for some people. I just wish the general population knew the difference between loosing weight and loosing fat.

My $0.02 - A treadmill is a hell of a better way to do it than some perscription wonderdrug.

13. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

think any of those places could have a bias??? Answer is yes.

It can help you lose more weight, but like every other diet fad or pill, if you don't make a lifestyle change you will just gain it back. It can cause anal leakage, so you might want to bring extra pants with you. If you want to be really crazy the over the counter product is half the dosage of the prescription one, so just double up if you are really crazy.

14. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

I believe it only works within the GI tract and not in other parts of the body.

15. Shadoglare

Shadoglare NeoCon Commie Hitler Wanna-Be

There's a pretty big discussion about it with several people who are taking it over at SparkPeople.
    Basically, the way the drug helps you diet is by making you keep very strict track of your fat intake, through fear of crapping your pants if you don't. Seriously.
    And they're all OK with this.
    Me, I'd rather just keep track of what I'm eating, and not worry about accidentally getting a load in my shorts.

16. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Yeah, I saw this in the store and thought about buying it for recreational purposes only. I'd be interested in setting up some sort of Alli-induced fat-eating contest where you see who shits oil first.

:eek5:

17. Pennyw1se

Pennyw1se Newd Member

I think I read somewhere that the average weight loss over 6 months was 15 pounds.
    You mean I can lose 2.5 pounds a month by just exercising, eating right, and taking a pill!? Where do I sign up!!!??

18. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

yeah, it says to only use it with diet and exercise. Kinda retarded to think you need to add a pill on top of it.,

19. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

But oh so fun. I'm still intrigued.

Wet, boxer-ruining flatulence + weight loss in pill form = win.

:mamoru:

20. Mass

Mass Active Member

you'll shit your eye out, kid.

21. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

awsome post mang.

On a different note, there is a new drug out that is starting to get some attention (I wont go into specifics on this board) and basically it's a highly anabolic peptide, but also it is supposed to be great for weight loss. How does it work? it gives you mad diarea, it forces your bowls to contract and you lose tons of nutrience and electrolytes. The massive shit fest lasts about 30-45 mins everytime you pin yourself. The point of this post is... I dunno, they just seemed related lol.

22. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

pgf2a? ie. lutylase

From what I hear the anabolic effects are overrated but the fat burning is very real.

23. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

The Diet and Exercise information in it is pretty good. I would follow that, take a multi and fish oil as they recommend and maybe some type of thermogenic instead of the Alli product itself.

24. SurferDale

SurferDale New Member

I don't think a lot of people totally understand the concept of Alli.

Basically everything you eat.. carbs, protein, fat... it's all converted to glucose which is basically energy. Fat has twice the amount of calories in it per gram. So when your body doesn't need these calories to operate, it turns the glucose into fatty pockets. When you burn more calories than you consume in a day, your body is basically going to theses fatty pockets and saying, "cough it up.. we need energy" And that's how you lose weight, by using more energy than you consume.

So Alli attaches to 25% of all the fat grams you consume and makes them just come out the other end. So... you have a huge head start on your "using more energy than you consume" because even though you consume it, yoru body isn't absorbing these calories.

It's a pretty cool concept and whereas most diet pills affect your brain or heart directly, to do things like reduce your appetite... Alli doesn't do that at all.

I'm eager to see people's real testimonials... and I don't understand why everyone says "GET ON A TREADMILL" or "EAT A SALAD".... I mean sure... you could do both of those and lose weight. Alli people are implementing these things INTO the diet 100% it's not just about the pill. THe point is if you lose 20 lbs by doing these things yourself.. you could lose 10 extra pounds just by taking the Alli pill with every meal you eat.

I dunno just my insight to help guide the discussion a little more.

25. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yeah, i still wouldn't take it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.