GUN Alleged robber shot by homeowner

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twistid, Dec 23, 2009.

1. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

WICHITA, Kansas -- A Wichita man took matters into his own hands Monday night after finding someone breaking into his truck.

The man says he heard a noise outside his home in the 1300 block of N. Emporia. He told police he walked outside with a gun to confront the 47-year-old suspect at about 10:30. When the alleged robber stumbled toward him the man shot him once in the hip.

The shooting victim was taken to St. Francis in critical condition. Police interviewed the 31-year-old shooter after he called 911.

“We'll process the scene and then present that case to the district attorney who has the ultimate decision whether the force was appropriate or not, whether to charge that individual,” said Lt. Troy Livingston with the Wichita Police Department. “They're the ones that will take all the information, the totality of the circumstances and make that decision ultimately.”

The homeowner claims he’s been the victim of several break-ins in the last few months. The alleged thief is still in the hospital after undergoing surgery.

So far, no arrests have been made.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Alleged-robber-shot-by-homeowner/qytaQYrB-UKUGcBq3Pj2Yw.cspx

there's now a discussion about stand your ground, and if this was a good shoot or not.

it sounds like the homeowner could have avoided being a victim, by taking his laptop into the house instead of leaving it in the truck... especially if he's had mutiple problems in the past.

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

fuck the criminal piece of shit.

it's not the victims fault for leaving property in his vehicle, that doesn't give thieves the right to steal your shit.

i feel no sympathy for the piece of shit criminal

that being said it sounds like the piece of shit wasn't armed so this dude may have been a bit over the top by shooting him but then again if the criminal was coming after him he may have had no choice.

fuck the criminal piece of shit, don't want to get shot, don't come onto someones property and violate them

3. negative zero

negative zero New Member

This is the only thing the man did wrong IMO.

4. smartypants

smartypants New Member

1. drill him from cover
    2. "YELL PUT THE GUN DOWN"
    3. pop a couple shots into the dirt.
    4. stick to your story

5. twistid

this morning the fat detective said the victim should have just went back into the house, closed the door and called 911... and he was lucky it turned out as it did. :rolleyes:

6. twistid

i'm not giving the thief a pass on this, because he probably deserved worse.

i don't know, i like my stuff too much to temp people... and if the victim truely has had problems in the past, he should be smart enough not to give others a reason... especially since we are boombarded with the cops telling us not to leave valuables visible in your car, during the holiday season on the local news... but hey, common sense isn't common.

7. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

8. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

fuck that, if i wanna keep my life savings in my backseat, thats MY business. He should have shot him in the chest, then it would only be his word. Now he's gonna have to deal with the theif's story, and lawsuits etc..

And that detective can suck my dick. I'm sure if he is off duty and came out side and saw someone beaking into his truck that he would run inside and call the cops.

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

agreed that it's stupid to leave a laptop in a car outside.
    i just hate low life thieves so much it makes my blood boil lol

(i personally would have just called the cops and not shot the guy over property outside of my home, but fuck it i hope nothing happens to the guy cause shit eating thieves get no sympathy from me and i doubt anyone including you feel much different i'm not trying to say anything negative about ya, it's just my hatred for shit head criminals spilling out on my keyboard)

10. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

WTF? Stumbled? You mean charged like he was going to attack me Officer.

11. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

no shit. this guy is no operator.

12. twistid

i just hope the criminal didn't get hurt so much, that he will be crippled... because he will not only be a burden for the victim, but also for the taxpayer.

13. 3x

3x New Member

So we should pass some of the blame off onto the victim because he should have been smart enough to know someone might have tried to steal from him? That's ridiculous logic. Not saying that's what you believe just looking at it from the point that we shouldn't have to fear having our shit stolen, and if we want to leave it in the car we should be able to. If someone wants to steal from me I just assume shoot em, but unfortunately it cant be that way.

14. hurleywurley

hurleywurley OT Supporter

and women are partially to blame for getting raped cause they actin and dressin all sexay

15. twistid

from what i've seen... usually after the first attack, they take steps to not become a victim again.

16. twistid

i'm not passing blame off to the victim, i'm just calling him an idiot... if this was the first time, it would be no big deal... but maybe you might have missed the part, where this was not his first time at the dance... you're a victim, if you choose to be.

17. twistid

there are 3 sides to a story, if there are 2 parties involved... your's, mine, and the truth... take out one party, and the other party becomes truth.

18. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Going after the criminal is asking to get shot yourself. What happens if you shoot and miss and the bullet hits someone in the house across the street. I'm not forgiving them, but on the other hand this rambo mentality that I'm going to shoot anybody that I believe is on my property is just plain asking for trouble. Never said that they were in the right or that it wasn't wrong, but it also can be wrong to shoot just because you believe that you have the right over something minor. Leaving valuables out in the open invites trouble. Be nice to believe that you could leave your diamond ring on the hood, but common sense says different.