All this talk about PUA/Dating Advisors/etc

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by adamlewis88, Dec 17, 2009.

1. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

It drives me absolutely nuts. Are guys really this confused about women?

2. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

YES. Ready my thread about not getting laid for 3 years and you'll see. Some guys just have amazing natural skill and comfort around women, some guys are so nervous and desperate that they have no idea what to do.

Sounds to me like you're one of the lucky ones and your thinking is short-sited because of it.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not everyone is born with awesome social skills.

edit - anyone who has been to high school knows this.

4. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

sighted.

And awesome social skills are definitely not something Ive been gifted with. Im not even the most self-confident guy out there. Im just always generally happy though and nothing attracts people (of both sexes) like being happy.

Its not complicated. I just cant stand all this convoluted bullshit that some guys actually peddle out there and that other guys eat up.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Sounds like you are really happy where you are, congrats :wavey:

6. JohnJohnJohnson

"There is nothing I could possibly do to make myself happier with women, and all the rest of you guys are pathetic for being in a less happy place than I am. I'm gonna make a thread about how fed up I am just because I'm so happy."

7. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

I've never been happier and it just upsets me to see people not realize its already within themselves to attract people. You just have to be happy. I'm not kidding. Being happy and healthy will attract other happy and healthy people

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I wrote a blog about some of the things I've picked up over the past couple of months (pertaining to social skills).

http://soulsasylum.org/blog/2009/11/30/social-dynamics-101/

I'm very quickly learning that it feels so much better to lift people up than it does to bring em down a peg. I even sort of call it the "anti-neg" for kicks. Instead of bringing these girls down a peg or two, I find myself raising myself up and then razzing them until they come up and join me. Win-win. I get to be my natural self, she sees that I'm not a giant gaping pussy. :mamoru:

9. JohnJohnJohnson

Cool, man. :p

Some guys have looks, some guys have confidence and charm, some guys just have lots and lots of happiness. Got it.

For those who are unhappy because of their womenz situation, that's a bit of a Catch-22, I fear. Are you familiar with the phrase, "Catch-22?"

Unless you're, as they say, trolling the boat. In which case you are doing a great job :bowrofl:

10. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

:werd:

11. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

For alot of people it IS very complicated. Just because you don't have that problem doesn't mean that it can't be a problem for others. And that PUA stuff has actually helped alot of people. My brother actually went to a Mystery bootcamp and the skills and experience he learned are what allowed him to meet the woman who is now his wife.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

Trolling will follow :drama:

13. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

What?

14. JohnJohnJohnson

As you must know, there's a stigma against social dynamics. Girls hate it because they think it is something it isn't. Guys hate it because they look e-cooler by being "above it" than by viewing it rationally.

Expect trolling :dunno:

15. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Rellik

Rellik New Member

honestly i was into picked up for several years, got really fascinated that maybe a guy that isnt that good looking can succeed with women, but when i actually tried it, well... it kind of burned me out. No one wants to hear stupid lines and a lot of the material sounds really fake coming out of my mouth, in the end you just get judged on your "first impression" (read: how good looking you are or aren't) and that pretty much decides whether you get accepted or not and how the interaction will go from there :hs:

17. JohnJohnJohnson

fair enough :dunno: what's your dating life like right now?

as for me, socializing more and hitting on women more definitely improved my per-interaction chances. it's like the gym, you work out, you get in shape, you stop working out, you get outta shape. some guys are just naturally always in shape though :fawk:

18. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Honestly I don't think your meant to follow any pickup style by the letter. It's just a method of gaining experience, not a guidebook. You get experience and then figure out your own method.

19. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I agree, the more I negged and teased girls when I was single, the worse off I was with them. When I talked to them like normal, I went further.

Also, I enjoy reading your blog.

20. Rellik

Rellik New Member

thats good for you, but imo, the difference between working out, or sports, or a video game, and social interaction, is that in the 3 former scenarios you can see measurable progress (you can lift more or have bigger muscles than you did 1 month ago, you make more baskets than you did 1 week ago)
    OR you can learn from failure (after getting killed a few times in a shooter game, you know that you should throw a grenade in the room first, or use a different weapon, then you win the level and move on)

with picking up girls, at least for me and many other guys, you can get rejected over and over and really not know what you're doing wrong. that only demoralizes you, and makes you think you have a handicap (like trying to play basketball with a sprained ankle)... you know what i mean?? maybe its because in the gym example, when you train you're only competing against yourself, but when you socialize you are actually going out to be judged by other people.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I wrote a blog post about how much I hate it when douche bags post their blog articles about simple concepts they've learned behind the rest of the curve. I hope you guys enjoy it. http://soulasylum.org/stoppostingth.../noonecares/stopfuckingpostingthisalready.edu

Edit: Damn shortening of urls

22. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

23. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Only 1 minute behind... thought you'd wouldn't see it that fast... busy writing an article or something.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

I know what you mean.

25. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Is there a reason why you are so bitter? Or are you just trolling?