SRS all the problems are coming out:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DJ Winds, Sep 14, 2006.

1. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

It’s all coming down like everything is hitting me at the same time. I am 23 years old, exactly one month away from being 24. From the age of 17 to 21 I dated the same girl, Bridget. Bridget and I remained good friends until the beginning of this year. We always talked, we always would hang out. I know we remained friends for way too long and should have broken it off sooner. I KNOW BRIDGET AND I ARE NOT MEANT TO BE TOGETHER, I know Bridget is over me. But, I constantly think of Bridget all the time. No matter what I am doing she is on my mind. It’s starting to eat away at me. I also feel like nothing I do anymore makes anyone happy. My parents, my friends, anyone. I am getting these feelings like I need to get away from everything and everyone. Start over, with a new start in a new place where I don’t know anyone. I’m sad all the time. I don’t know what to do anymore. I have talked to therapists and they are a band aid for a short amount of time and soon after I start getting the same feelings back again. Any ideas? I posted this in this forum in hopes that I can get some serious responses… Thanks

2. FuckCF4Life

FuckCF4Life New Member

dude im on the pills...

but i know what your saying with her being on your mind, sometimes i pretend my ex is watching me while i do something and its like shes their with me and can see me..kinda feels good but never true

3. FuckCF4Life

FuckCF4Life New Member

speaking of, who is on anti depressants and who is not?

I VOTE: i am.. lol

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

I know there are no easy solutions. But some things help a little bit in almost every instance of depression...

1. Exercise. The endorphines you will release will certainly help your mood.

2. Socialize when you feel like staying in. Humans are social animals and take great comfort from social activities, no matter what we like to tell ourselves.

3. Whenever you want to engage in an "escape," do something that doesn't require much time but provides a tangible, productive conclusion. Cleaning a room, doing a load of laundry, washing your car, etc.; if you do something like this BEFORE every escape activity you indulge in, you will be a happier person in general... most of the time, at least.