All possible ways of getting MP3s onto LG VX8000

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Apr 11, 2005.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

List em...Please

2. Gai

Gai New Member

You mean...to get them onto the phone? USB cable...

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

u sure about that? the dude at the store told me the usb cable was mainly to make it act as a modem to get online, and to manage ur phonebook and whatnot.

4. Gai

Gai New Member

The Verizon employee is correct...but they don't offer you a way to do that because they will kill their get it now cash cow. The USB cable from them can do that...and so will a generic one...the software through Verizon only allows that sort of management for the phone...aftermarket and online software allows you to transfer and manage everything else...ringers/pics/, some calendar/datebook type stuff. I almost bought the USB Data kit from Verizon and then discovered that it wasn't necessary for me...I just needed the cable. Software I use is Bitpim. You should try the Howardforums.com site...everything you ever wanted to know about your phone and more...

5. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

ok, that sounds good. i orded the usb data cable kit 2.0 from ebay, it comes with the software to charge it and the patended chip to limit the charging so it does burn the battery. but i got a question...say i was a braindead retard and didnt know about this. how does verizon let people go about letting people get mp3's on the phone. its nothing i can find on get it now, do u have to use the web browser on the phone and go to a specific site and dl them to the phone???

6. Gai

Gai New Member

I don't know since I don't have a VX8000.

This might help:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=567212

I advised against the USB cable that charges the phone, even one that says it won't burn your battery...for the reason that many still do...get the one that WON'T charge the phone.