SRS All my friends are leaving...feeling a bit depressed.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jonari, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

Next Thursday, all most all of my friends, want to say 90% of them will be graduating. I won't be graduating until Spring of 2008. These were close friends of mine from college of two years. I'm going to miss seeing them after summer. I wish I could have graduated with my friends this semester, but I won't be.

The only thing I can see that cheers me up, is that most of my friends are above 24 and started before I did. I'm only 21 and started college a year after most of them did. Damn, I know Fall semester is still along way from here, but I'm sure going to miss all of my friends. :wtc:

2. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Yeah, that kinda happened to me this semester. My friends either dropped out or went abroad (I was supposed to be abroad too, but that fell out for me) so I've been just coasting by mostly on my own. I see a few friends in St. Louis on the weekends but it's not the same.

It sucks on one hand, but I'm making leaps and bounds in improvements, so I guess it's not all bad. :dunno:

3. MementoVivre

MementoVivre like the cat...

It's been happening to me too since January. One friend moved away in Jan, two friends are graduating now, and two people I really hoped to be good friends with are transferring to other states by summer, instead. I'm in class with a girl, and me and her get along so well that we'd be like sisters if she was staying. That's literally everyone I know (except an ex-bf). It is depressing, and I empathize with you. One year's active effort of having friends at school is falling apart for me and I too will be starting over this Fall. My only hopes for all of us is this situation is that these people choose to keep in touch with us, and that we do meet new people who mean as much as the ones we now know.

So, my advice (that I need to follow too :coolugh:): let them know that you do want to keep in touch, and exchange info to do so, if you haven't already.

And hey, good luck with your education!

4. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I talk to 2-3 people I went to college with the rest moved away or we just lost touch, find a hobby and make new friends. Half the people I hang out with now I ended up meeting after college the other half are long time friends from childhood.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Life is what you make of it regardless of what happens. Its true that your friends are leaving, its like having a big vulcano eruption in your life, everything gets destroyed what you loved, and a whole new situation appears, but like any vulcano the damaged area is actually a fertile ground for new and beautifull things to grow on.

What im saying is that its a natural part of life, and that you need to build new and fun things to do, you shouldn't dwell over the fun times you had in the past, because it will disable you to have fun times in the future.

Its like you hear from those hippies , oh the 60 ties where the best times and it will never be so nice again like it was in Woodstock, and im like hey of course it won't be nice if you won't make an effort to make anything nice of your life today and in the future. You can have a hel of a lot better time then those oldies, or times of fun that you had with your lost friends as long as you don't dwell on the past and try to make the best of your future.

In those terms a lot of people need to be more like snakes, shed of their old skins and embrace the new future of tomorrow and make the most of their lives that they live today.

6. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

im in the same boat. most of my friends are graduating in a few weeks and ive still got a year left. feels like youre stuck and theres no end in sight while everyone else is moving on with their lives.

two of my best friends will still be here and a couple random people that my big group of friends hangs out with will still be around, but the person i dont want to leave the most is :hs:

7. fighted

fighted OT Supporter

going through the same thing. i just transfered schools/moved here in august and most of the friends i've made are graduating or already graduated and are moving away this summer. of my group of eight or so friends i think two will be left over come august