GUN All delivery companies are worthless

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cabriolet, Jul 17, 2006.

1. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

After having UPS fuck up serveral PC deliveries from dell, I decided I would never use them again. So I started using FedEx

Fastforward to last week when I ordered a knife from cheaperthandirt... I had it shipped to my office, because apartment deliveries, especially when I'm not there can be a problem. So I get bored today and look to see if my knife should be here yet (shipped on the 12th), much to my dismay I log on to the tracking site and it said it was delivered on friday at 2:09 pm with the note "Left at front door. Signature Service not requested." There were people here all day Friday, and no one saw FedEx come by, and no one saw any packages left outside.

So I call the customer support and all the bitch says is "I'll have the people from home delivery call you in 24-48 hours" Could I get in trouble if I lie and say there is ammo in there to, to get their asses motivated?

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

:werd:

FedEx tried to deliver my Mosin to the wrong person two weeks ago

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

holy shit!

IBATFkillstheirasses

4. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Resolved the issue myself, used google and looked up the addy and aparrently there are two places with the same number, and CTD didn't put NE on mine, so FedEx left it with the NW addy.

Drove over there, and it was some little old man, explained the situation and he said "Ohh is that your big 'ol knife that came in?" :mamarou:

Knife was bigger than I thought it would be, quarter for reference in size:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

How do you like it so far? I've always been curious about Cold Steel's folding knives. The only thing I've purchased from them is their True-Flight Thrower, which isnt bad, but I can see anything special about it.

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Really haven't done much with it yet besides cut a piece of paper and my shirt (oops) but I like the handle more than I thought I would, and it has a good weight and "quality" feel to it. I'll post up a review of it in a few weeks after I get a chance to use it some more

7. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I hate delivery companies, UPS sent my new knife to the wrong sorting facility last week so I had to wait an extra day, then today they left two packages at my neighbors instead of my house.

Nice knife btw, my brother had one of the original Recon 1's back in the day, little big for EDC though :o

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i want to cut up my UPS delivery guy and stuff the pieces down the garbage disposal.

9. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

how much was that knife?

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I think it was 66 shipped from cheaper than dirt

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Almost bought that in half serrated. Its size was why I didn't. It's fucking huge.. bigger than the Applegate Fairbairn Gerber I used to carry.

12. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I had one that was half serrated, I wouldn't reccomend it. The serrations are too fine for anything but cardboard or rope (and I wouldn't be shocked if they broke off cutting either of them) and the knife itself was very large. I still have it laying a drawer sans the teeth :hsugh: Also speaking of shipping, I ordered some binoculars from amazon.com thursday morning and with UPS two day air they arrived today :greddy:

13. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I like the blade of the knife, but the handle is reGodDamnediculous. I don't like half serrated blades because to me, other than for knife combat, having the blade on the first half is worthless, if you use serrations for shit like cutting steak when your camping you want it in the front, and anything you want a plain blade for you want control....which you'd think you would want that in the back.....to have more control over it

14. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

15. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Yeah, I remember you telling me that when I was looking for a new knife.

I bought this instead:

[​IMG]