ALIENWARE help I need drivers!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IllAvBIll, May 27, 2006.

1. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

Okay, So i tried the main forum to no avail.

I am fixing my friends alienware laptop. I installed windows then went to the alienware site to get the drivers... well that didn't work too well. I have the partial account number on the laptop but the other half of the sticker is worn down to just white. My friend bought the laptop a few months ago from someone on craigs list. He, of course lost the guys email address and the alienware site makes you enter an account number and zipcode it was shipped to. GREAT, partial account number and no idea where the dude had it originally shipped to.

I spent 20 minutes on hold with tech support just to be told that i need to email [email protected] . Is there anyone with an alienware account that can hook me up with some drivers for an Area-51M laptop? I'm desperate i'll share pr0n or music or a sub. I just need these stupid drivers soon because i told my friend it'd take a few days and the few days has past. Help! I emailed alienware today so i MIGHT get some help tomorrow. :hs:

2. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

oh, if the account number (partial) can help here it is... AW-PC-769(looks like 3 or 8)

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Alienware uses re-badged Sager notebooks. They don't even build them in-house. Most they do is install the CPU/HDD/RAM and paint it a pretty color.

All drivers are available online. Start with:

Intel INF Update (MANDATORY!!! FIRST THING TO INSTALL AFTER OS)

other items will vary based on your hardware config. Wireless, for example, probably is Intel PRO2200BG. List what you need help with and I'll see what I can do.

4. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

thanks. I'll do some research tomorrow. Or mayve some later tonight.

5. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

if i'm able to get the alienware drivers i'd really prefer it. Supposedly they're optomized.. i doubt it but ya never know.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

they're not... and they're probably out-dated, anyway.

7. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

the video card isnt gunna be a problem i would just use omega drivers anyways. Its the other things ilke the little friggin card reader and the ports and shit on the actual laptop.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the ports should work after the Intel INF Update.

as for card reader, it's probably a Rioch, which is not too difficult to get drivers for.